Remember me
Lost Password Register

Sunday July 16th @ Wazee
07-13-2006, 06:45 PM,
Re: Sunday July 16th @ Wazee
Jason,

No thanks.  I have to pick up all of my tanks on Friday for my Saturday dive adventures.

See you on Sunday.

Doug
07-16-2006, 04:57 PM,
Good times were had by all... even found some booty in the lake Smile

Got 3 good dives in, and had fun meeting some new people, especially the other WIScuba'ers that were out.

Thanks a lot for putting this on!
07-16-2006, 06:20 PM,
Good diving and good Pirate action. 

Shoot the lock.

Thanks for putting this on, it was a great time and a good idea.

Doug
07-17-2006, 06:21 PM,
Thanks to everyone who attended our first annual "Pirates Up the Wazee" event.  It was great fun to meet the scurvy lot of you.

Sorry about the lock... and the buoyant coins....  ???  Lessons learned for next year!

Here are some photos; check out more in the .

Costume prize-winner PJ gives Doug the hook:

"Gingivitis John":

"Yo Ho Joe":

A young submersible swashbuckler:

07-18-2006, 05:02 PM,
There I was, an innocent in the midst of all these cut-throats and crazy people.  I was forced to do their bidding and retreive gold bricks from the depths and coins too.

The horror, the horror.

Doug
07-18-2006, 05:52 PM,
[color=Pink]Ahh, come on Doug....you loved every minute of it! 

And you ain't THAT innocent....I've seen you put your Dry Suit ON!!! :Smile

Wish me Luck!  Tomorrow I sing with the other 7 Finalists at Country Thunder USA in Twin Lakes, WI.  Next step???  100K and singing with the big guys!  ;D
07-18-2006, 08:07 PM,
Best of luck PJ Smile

And you are right about Doug's suit Smile
07-20-2006, 03:08 PM,
It was really great meeting you Doug, Jason and PJ!  Hope to see you all again soon.  Are you folks part of any scuba club in WI?  If so, maybe next year we could do a joint venture or something.

Take Care,

Joe Velie
Prez of Rochester Scuba Club Primary hot dog chef.
07-22-2006, 08:46 PM,
Thank you for your support and "atta girl's" for my performance at Country Thunder.  I did not win, but I WAS runner up!  Is it possible to be TOO Patriotic?  Hmmmm, maybe....but I will never change MY TUNE!  People in the audience still cried and came up and hugged and thanked me.  The judges just rushed out.  I guess I sing for a different reason!

I have been very blessed to make some awesome new diving buddies and friends.  I am facing and working through a very difficult time and diving has been such a blessing in so many ways.  Especially with the great people I have met.

I would like to host a Carribean Salvage/Scavanger Dive Party in the not too distant future.  Anybody interested in helping me pull this off, let me know. 

And as always, you are invited to join in my Sunday dives if you show up at New Vision Church at 10 am Sunday morining, just off I-94 & Hwy SS intersection, near Pewaukee, WI.  Contact me first for details.