Remember me
Lost Password Register

Funny Diving Vid
07-02-2006, 04:57 PM,
Funny Diving Vid
OK, this video is not safe for kids due to language..

But it's hilarious.  These two researches diving in the 85 deg water of the pacific on rebreathers.  The cameraman is in a t-shirt and a swimsuit.  They hit the thermocline at 320', and the cameraman doesn't realize everything he is saying is being picked up by the camera.  It is hilarious!

07-02-2006, 07:49 PM,
Re: Funny Diving Vid
Hilarious.  Thanks for sharing.
07-03-2006, 08:36 AM,
HE HE HE! ;D
DEW >&ltWink)>
07-03-2006, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2006, 02:04 PM by Chris H.)
That is a funny video, but their dive plan could definitely use some work.  They are on rebreathers at 350-400ft, have minimal bailout gas, if any, and they have no plan whatsoever.   At one point at 350+ they are having a conversation about how far they might go?   No brains, no headaches.....

Upon further review, I would like this post stricken from the record...... :-[
07-03-2006, 01:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2006, 02:03 PM by Chris H.)
I'm familiar with Richard Pyle, and your points are valid.  Judging name of the person who uploaded the video, you are most likely correct  He recently chimed in on a decostop  thread that was one of the better threads there in a long time.  The "no Brains" comment is definitely not the case.   Perhaps an Ice cream headache would have been the result of the cold water?  It just seemed by the comments made in the video regarding how far they were going to go, that their plan may have been lacking.    Perhaps that dive is a walk in the park for them, but it certainly doesn't seem like a basic dive?  Thanks for the link, I look forward to reading the article.
Keith, do you have a rebreather?
07-03-2006, 02:30 PM,
400 ft and no wreck..just sand....????
not for me! :Smile
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM,

Dean,
Science geeks do crazy things in search of more science.  My wife recently finished her PhD in biology so I have some experience with this phenomenon.    ;D  If you read the intro on the link that Keith supplied, Richard Pyle is in search of fish species that inhabit the 200-500ft range of reefs.
07-04-2006, 05:51 AM,
As I was watching the video, and listening to the helium distorted voices, all I could think of was "Butters" and "Jimmy" from South Park.......Lots of 4 letter words there.
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM,
Sorry.  I just had to bump this back up to the first page.