Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wreck In Wazee? Might Happen
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM,
Wreck In Wazee? Might Happen
I just read in the Wazee Sports News letter that Keith Is trying to get a 28 foot Boat placed in Wazee.

Wazee News
JUNE 13,2006

HOT NEWS:
A WRECK IN WAZEE LAKE???
I came across a 28 ft wooden boat last winter and knew this would be the one. I again approached the County Parks about putting a wreck in Wazee Lake. With a bunch of B.S. we are on our way to have this wreck REALITY. After assurance the this was going to fly, I then made arrangements to have the boat delivered the Parks Dept. ( that way I knew it would be on their
mind) By surprise they even arranged our tax dollars put to work. They put prisoners to work on prepping this for the DNR inspection. Look for this to be in the lake by the end of July. Check out our web site for more info.

k
06-28-2006, 03:02 PM,
Re: Wreck In Wazee? Might Happen
Sorta seems fitting.  Prisoners working under control of the DNR. Ha.  Anyway thats great news, it gives me yet another excuse to get up to Wazee.

Jim
06-28-2006, 08:29 PM,
I figured they'd put a dive site such as a boat in the lake at some point. 
07-01-2006, 02:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2006, 02:22 PM by Wrek Dvr.)
That thing is SWEET!

I bet the people's neighbors will be glad that the eyesore will be gone.
07-04-2006, 05:36 AM,
I wonder if my butt will fit through that window?

Doug
07-04-2006, 07:04 AM,

Only if you plan on doing progressive penetration.
07-05-2006, 01:26 PM,

Only if you plan on doing progressive penetration.
[/quote]
Yeah, instead of leaving your deco bottles outside the wreck you ditch your back gas and go in with a spare air.  Tongue
07-08-2006, 12:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2006, 12:52 AM by mrclean.)
Doug I am happy to report that you will be able to penetrate the new wreck with little difficulty.  On Wednesday, a bunch of dive unit members had a work night and completed a variety of tasks that the prison inmates have not done yet.  I not sure if they are trusted with drills and screws, might take them back to the Boot Camp.  A large area was cut out of the rear and front of the cabin area, so you will be able to swim through the entire cabin and take a short tour of the head.  All the hatches have been boarded up to prevent anybody getting fouled up in them.  Compared to the picture that was posted, all the paint inside and out has been sanded off and any sharp obstruction has been cut off.  I should also note that all the glass has been taken out as well.

Hopefully we'll get it sunk within the next couple of weeks and have some pictures posted of the progress on the boat and the sinking.  Keith is still waiting for the final inspection and permit from the DNR and when they sign off on it, we'll get right on it and get it sunk.

Andy
07-08-2006, 07:53 AM,
Where will it be sunk and at what depth?
07-17-2006, 08:59 AM,
Talked to Keith on Saturday.  They'd had permission but no permit.  They just got the permit, so it's a go.  No clue on depth or location.