Remember me
Lost Password Register

Post DIR-F Practice
07-17-2006, 09:30 AM,
Post DIR-F Practice
Having taken the DIR-F class recently, I'm in serious need of folks with whom to practice fundamental skills. 

I'm up for diving on short notice virtually anytime and would love to see us put together a weekly session.

Feel free to PM or email me, though I'd love to see an open list of folks desirous of practice sessions.  A couple of kind souls have even offered to bring a video camera if we can plan ahead. Smile

Tol
07-17-2006, 02:30 PM,
Re: Post DIR-F Practice
Where are you located?

I'm in Madison and would like some "pond time" also to focus on some skills. I haven't done DIR-F yet, but I do want to practice:

- dry suit skills
- shooting smbs w/ spool
- trim evaluation
- various kicks
- swapping to my pony and shutting off my main tank
- whatever else I learn by osmosis

Where did you go for your DIR-F?
07-18-2006, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2006, 08:24 AM by Tol.)
I'm about 25 min north of downtown Milwaukee. 

I went to Haigh Quarry in IL for my class.  I've heard talk of another Fundamentals class coming to this chunk of the world in Fall. 
07-19-2006, 08:14 PM,
What did you think of the class?  Who was your instructor?
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM,
The instructor was Mike Kane and he was assisted by James Mott.  I really, really liked it.  It seemed rushed though, especially on the last day.  MHK had a plane to catch and it showed.  That said, he was a great instructor and I got a lot out of it.  I would love for that class to have been four times as long. 

In fact, I'd like to spend a couple of days a week doing that.  Who's in?
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM,
I'd like to get out once a week and practice a little.  Don't know exactly how "DIR" I am though.
07-21-2006, 02:02 PM,
Actually a good call Matt.
In place of DIR I should have written "divers with comparable diving philosophies" Wink

Name your day/time.  My weekends are shot for the next month but I have a lot of time on weekdays.  I'll PM you my contact info.

T Smile
07-21-2006, 04:50 PM,
For the next month or so I'll be off Thurs-Sat and every other Sun. P.M. when you want to go. I live 10 minutes from Lannon.