Remember me
Lost Password Register

Spring Straps for Quick Release Fins!!
07-20-2003, 07:33 AM,
Spring Straps for Quick Release Fins!!
Manta industries, is producing a product that I have been looking for for a long time. Spring heel straps have been the status quo for technical divers for a long time. They reduce snags as well as provide a bullet proof way to keep your fins on.

The problem is that the only ones that were available had been for the Jet fin style of fin attachment system. Now We have found spring straps that will fit on any pair of fins that use a quick release buckle. You just remove the quick release buckle and install the heel straps over the stud that the quick release buckle was held on. Presto!!! you have an indestructible fin strap that will not snag weeds or lines that you may encounter.

These straps come in small, medium and large and are priced under 60 dollars. A small price to pay for never having to scrub a dive becaus of a broken buckle or strap ever again!!!!

Stop by and we would be happy to show you these buckles as well as other new and exciting products that we have added to our lines.
07-20-2003, 12:47 PM,
Re:Spring Straps for Quick Release Fins!!
Gert,
I was just on Manta's web site and they also offer a DIY kit for $10. I assume this is only the ends that attach to the fins, but do you have any available? I'd like to save the $50 and make another set for my favorite fins. Oh yeah, while I think of it, how much webbing do I need to do a DIR harness on my diverite back plate? I asked Paul, while I was at the store but he wasn't sure. You need to get that him up to speed on that stuff. Wink

Thanks,
Chris
07-21-2003, 03:17 AM,
Re:Spring Straps for Quick Release Fins!!
Chris,

They do offer the DIY kit, you need to provide your own stainless steel spring, cord and spring covering as well as the tools and time to put them together. We don't currently stock the DIY kit, but I will be ordering a couple when I place my next order in the near future.

Otherwise, the complete kit is available any time in small through large.

Gert