Remember me
Lost Password Register

greeting from the "way" left coast
06-12-2006, 10:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2006, 10:13 PM by oaktown.)
greeting from the "way" left coast
my wife and I are going to be in the MILL. area in july for about 2 weeks. I have 28+ dives. couple down to about 80-85'. never done "unsalted" diving and would like to. I have nitrox and am 90' away from my advanced. PADI(all I need is my "deep"). good chance I will get that taken care of before I get there.
My wife has family in Mill. and Racine so thats the area.
can bring everything but weights and tanks.(7mil wet)
have been there for two thanksgivings and done some surfing on lake mich. real interesting water.
I have been told there are a few wrecks that might be good for me.
not interested in going inside unless its realy realy realy ....realy safe to do so.
I am fairley conservative so 100' or less. I also want to get some vid. have a good "digi ina box" thats good to 200'(no prob).
would be nice to bring back some "unsalted" wreck vid for my club.

get back to me when you can
cheers&aloha
matt
p.s.
I would show som pix but this site refuses to let me >Sad
so go to

and check them out
06-13-2006, 05:25 AM,
Re: greeting from the "way" left coast
There are plenty of wrecks in the area. Some as shallow as 15' and shore diveable, or some WELL beyond recreational limits. The most popular around here are the Milwaukee, the Prins Willem, the 906 Dredge and maybe the Gillen Tug. Check out for pics and more info. Two ways to get to the wrecks: 1. Find someone who owns a boat or 2. Take a charter. If you are interested in a charter for July, you better sign up now. They fill up pretty fast. There are only a few charter companies in Milwaukee.
06-13-2006, 07:39 AM,
What charter operators are there in the area?  I'm not familiar with them at all.
06-13-2006, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2006, 08:16 AM by matt t..)
Len-Der Charters, Nordic Diver, and Shipwreck Adventures (trailer-able boat) in the Milwaukee area. There are also a few boats operating farther south in the Racine, Kenosha, and northern Ill. area.
06-13-2006, 10:40 AM,
Is Diver's Delight from west Bend still running?
06-13-2006, 10:47 AM,
Saw them at "Ghost Ships", so I would assume so......
06-20-2006, 07:30 PM,
Yes, Diver's Delight is still running.  I'm diving with them on Saturday.
06-21-2006, 06:05 PM,
Do you dive with Divers Delight through a club or a shop?
06-22-2006, 08:22 AM,
This particular charter is through 3 Little Devils, but I've been invited through area clubs as well.