Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door County Ocean Wave TR and Video, 6-10-06
06-11-2006, 07:14 PM,
Door County Ocean Wave TR and Video, 6-10-06
First Thanks to all who set the moorings on our wrecks! its a job and not realy a dive so thanks to ALL!
The Ocean wave now has her mooring set,
Well just got back home from a great weekend of diving Door County Wisconsin and had a great few dives with Dennis,
It started at our place in Little Sturgeon we hauled my boat to Baileys Harbor and the forecast was to be 1'-3' with a wind out of the NE,well all looked good and Baileys Harbor is a great launch site $5.00 to launch and lots of parking and a 10 mile trip to Frank O'Connor or Ocean wave, we left for the Ocean Wave and found the seas early 1'-2' and made the trip quick and found the mooring up this weekend! Thanks WHS and Thanks Green Bay Scuba and all the others and clubs that set the moorings as it keeps the wrecks safe and us! the winds picked up as we had to power into the mooring and as I did a test on a weighted video case I found some MAJOR current pushing south like 3.5 MPH,as we hit the water I had drift and tag lines set the push back gave us a work out and found this true all the way down the new mooring chain,on the bottom as you will see in the video it was YUCK to the vis 25' & water temps 53 deg F
and raining algae clumps and water had a current pushing south even at depth,we shot some video of the bow spirit and deck cabin and all in all had a great dive even though the vis was down and I shot some so-so video my big project this year  to video All the wrecks I dive Hope you enjoy it !

Click to see my video,
Enjoy!

Then after a deco obligation  we decided to hit the Frank O'Connor and found the walleye on the engine and it was snowing a fine silt but the vis was about 35' and water temps 53 deg F did a tour across the whole ship ,but wow the seas were up to 2'-4's after the dive it was great to head home!
and will post some video soon!
Dive safe all,

Brad