Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry suit
06-04-2006, 10:23 AM,
Dry suit
Hello,

I've decided that freezing in a wetsuit is no longer as fun as it sounds lol.  I have talked to many divers and all have pointed to DUI of course as the place to go. However as a newlywed my new wife is not exactly supportive of buying a piece of dive equipment, that costs more then our first car.  My question is this, does anyone know of some readily availble drysuits, with above walmart or Sams Choice quality that will get me through the next feel years realitivy unscathed? I apprecaite any help and info.

Thanks again,
Mike
06-04-2006, 12:58 PM,
Re: Dry suit
Mike,
Contact Bob at Divepoint Scuba and Adventure center in Stevens Point.  He sells Bare drysuits and they may be an option for you that is less expensive than DUI.  As you may have seen in some of the other posts, they make a pretty good suit.  There are several of us who dive the ATR-HD and have had pretty good success with it.  If you want to see what your options are in the DUI line, Greg at Shipwreck Adventures can help you out.  I realize it doesn't make it any easier to spend $2000, but my first dry suit lasted 10 years and still worked when I got rid of it.  Good Luck!
06-04-2006, 05:12 PM,
Bare is a good choice as is Dive Concepts.  If you really need to have Dry until immersed, so be it.

Jim
06-05-2006, 05:24 AM,
I bought mine used off ebay. Scubapro trilam including undergarment. Was $500. Older style but in excellent condition. I think it was a really good deal. But like all things on ebay, watch that you don't get burned. I took me about 6 weeks of watching ebay and message boards before I found the one that was right for me.
06-05-2006, 12:03 PM,
Bare and DC ARE good suits for the $$$. DUI is more expensive for a reason. Better fit, better boots (IMO, for a wider choice of fins), and higher re-sale. It comes down to what you can comfortably afford. One of the best deals out there now is the DC "Z-flex". Go to Pearl Lake for the DUI demo days (I believe this weekend).
06-05-2006, 05:40 PM,
DUI also just expanded it's back entry "lower cost suits".  Take a look on their web site, dui-online.com
I'll be in the store from 11 - 6 tomorrow if you have any queastions.
06-06-2006, 09:19 AM,
Don't know your size, but here's a link to some new Bare suits pretty reasonable.http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19028
06-06-2006, 03:47 PM,
Divepoint Scuba & Adventure Center is running a BARE dry suit demo this weekend (06/10/2006 & 06/11/2006). For additional information, please see the posting under the Dive Shop Events.