Remember me
Lost Password Register

Florida Cave Diving
05-29-2006, 08:01 PM,
Re: Florida Cave Diving
Ahhhhhhh

Pictures are almost as good as the real thing... Not!

Ethan got some nice ones of most of the pretty stuff you guys got to see there....

except the hot Texas A&M Coeds in bikinis!!!!!

This thread useless without pics (of the coeds, that is!)
05-29-2006, 08:49 PM,

Haha!  Yeah, they were definitely one of the perks of the trip.  Unfortunately, no pictures of them though Sad  We didn't see them anywhere near enough.

You were right about Merrits Millpond too - talk about a playground...  I couldn't  believe that place.  We actually managed to dive all 4 "major" caves in one day Smile
05-29-2006, 08:54 PM,
No problems with the regs - but we don't turn them on/off all that often.  I did once to get into a really high flow cave, as it was causing the regs to free flow, but that was really the only time.  Some people do turn them off, I just find it to be more of a hassle to deal with when switching to the other tank.  The hoses didn't bug me at all - every once in awhile I'd get into a really convoluted position and have a little problem, but no more than I've had with the 7' hose as well when it catches on something now and again.

For deco, we just ran computers w/ bottom timer backup.  Never had more than 20 minutes I think, but that's even more than I care to have.  I'm a deco weenie and really get bored doing it.  I get bored on my safety stops...heh.

05-29-2006, 09:02 PM,

I guess I usually have Todd to entertain me so I don't get bored very often.  I too thought there was no way I'd be able to do some of the stops we are doing, and they are relatively short.    Cold is the biggest problem I have.  It sucks to be freezing cold at the start of a 20 minute stop.

Are you sure you don't have bikini pictures?
05-30-2006, 08:24 AM,
I am only cavern certified and had been to Marianna in 2005. Didn't go in the park way tho. Brought back some good memories.

I remember the water at JB being as clear and beautiful as in the Caribbean.  Smile

Congrats on your new cert.
gail
05-30-2006, 09:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2006, 06:48 PM by gheeres.)
*SIGH* Jason fails to mention his primary dive partner whom he left stranded in Wisconsin.  My wife, and just about everyone else, was sick of hearing me complain about how my dive partner "abandoned" me...  :'(

As a "consolation prize", I did get the opportunity to dive the Lakeland yesterday (Memorial day) off a private boat. My first dive there...phenomenal visibility (ocean like). At about 100' you could start to see the wreck and it just opened up. AWESOME dive!!!  Planned dive profile was 15 minutes with a maximum depth of 180'. Water temperature at bottom was 42 degrees...deco was less than enjoyable with a flooded glove... (flooded on the descent...  >Sad )

Although a good dive... I'd rather be cave diving any day!!!  I'm still jealous!  Jason, you'd better not leave me stranded at home again in October!!!  Smile  *SIGH* Now I suppose I have to get my side mount rig configured...

05-30-2006, 02:35 PM,

No bikini pictures, unfortunately.  Just a few fond memories  ;D

Watching Ethan try and submerge the buoy in the ear during deco was pretty funny.  I kept waiting for him to get caught in the chain when he let go and get sent up to the surface like a rocket Smile
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM,

I was a bit worried about getting caught, especially when I accidently let the chain loop around my leg and I had to reach down and clear it.  Had I let go with my leg caught, I was thinking that 20 feet of "chainsaw" action would've cut right through the leg of my drysuit!  However, I was way more worried that the log would come loose and the entire assembly of bouy, chain, log, and myself would go for a quick ride to the surface, putting an early end to my deco.  Fortunately that did not happen!  Was that the dumbest thing I did on the trip?

Ethan
06-01-2006, 05:02 AM,

Hehehe...taken out of context, I could have a lot of fun with that comment Smile
06-07-2006, 03:39 PM,
Hehehe...taken out of context, I could have a lot of fun with that comment Smile
[/quote]

In retrospect I think the dumbest thing I did during the entire trip was to let you follow me into upstream Luraville II.  Now I know how Paul felt when I was plugging his way out of Shangri-la.  At least he could see!

Ethan