Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee 7/19-7/20
07-16-2003, 10:13 PM,
Wazee 7/19-7/20
I'll be at Wazee this coming Sat and Sun (7/19-7/20). I plan to do a couple dives on Saturday, a night dive Sat night, and a couple dives on Sunday. Let me know if anyone from the forum is interested in meeting up for a dive.

I'll be with a big group of people from the twin cities. I think at least 30+ people from the cities will be diving and camping there this weekend. Look out!
--Jason
07-17-2003, 05:56 PM,
Re:Wazee 7/19-7/20
Jason,

Looks like great diving and a fun time. I will be out of town on vacation. Have a good time and say hi to everyone from me.

Keep me posted on future dives. We got to do the E.R. Williams sometime.

Dive safe Dive often

Doug
07-21-2003, 04:45 PM,
Re:Wazee 7/19-7/20
I made some great dives at Wazee this past weekend. The weather was beautiful on Sat. I couldn't believe how many people were out there. I was part of the "Great Northern Migration" from MN. I bet we had 50+ people from the cities down there this weekend. We had half the camp sites.

I brought along a new 50-watt halogen canister light to test. The light was built by DanL and is really nice looking. It has a burn time of around an hour. I think the light is almost as bright as a 10-watt HID. The bulb is a white halogen light.

I also visited the crystal ball and statues for the first time.

I love the warm water above the thermocline. It makes the deco stop so nice.

I'm diving Lake Ore-be-Gone (Virginia,MN) and the "Madeira" (Split Rock Light House, Superior) this coming weekend.
--Jason