Remember me
Lost Password Register

Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
04-09-2003, 08:06 PM,
Re:Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
I sent an e-mail to Lake Wazee Sport Center and got this reponse:

"As of Sat. the 5th the lake was about 75% open. I expect that it would be open 100% by the weekend."

This is good enough for me, the pool is open! Big Grin Diving on Saturday.

Doug
04-10-2003, 05:37 PM,
Lake Wazee is ice free. The pool is definately open.

Doug
04-10-2003, 07:44 PM,
Lake Mendota is now ice free. My dive buddy and I were out freediving on her today in the warm weather. The surface seemed clear, but she got real dark below 50'. We were trying to drop in the deep hole but could only find 71'.

The south end of the lake ended up being clearer than the rest of it for some unknown reason. ???

Jon
04-11-2003, 09:27 AM,
Cool...Glad to hear about Wazee being open!!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D
04-11-2003, 09:36 AM,
I really, really, really want to go on the dive this weekend. I got an email from Wazee Sports and I guess there is 60'-80' vis at Wazee right now...*sigh*

However - I'll be playing in the worlds largest trivia game this weekend in Stevens Point. I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of it or not, but it's a blast. 20,000 people, 550+ teams and 54 straight hours of trivia. Good times Smile

I still would like to be able to dive though...
04-13-2003, 12:26 PM,
Lake Wazee is in great condition with excellent visibility in most areas. A little cold (39-41 dgrees in the divable range of depths). Virtually nobody diving. Yesterday had great weather, dive and goof off at Lake Wazee is a great past time.

The pool is open guys, time to get out to you favorite pond.

Smile

Doug
04-13-2003, 12:49 PM,
Got blown off of Lake Michigan today. I am going to try and get out on Lake Mendota tomorrow.

Jon
04-13-2003, 08:18 PM,
I made my first dives of the year at Square Lake (Stillwater,MN) yesterday. I had so much new gear to play with (drysuit, wing, reg) that I felt like a newbie again. Wink Water temp was a balmy 41deg. I could never have done these dives in a wet suit.

A couple of my dive buddies dove Perch Lake (north of Hudson, WI) last Wednesday. The visibility was a little low but we expect it to improve greatly in the next couple weeks.
--Jason
04-13-2003, 09:44 PM,
I've heard good things about Perch Lake - I want to try that one of these days..

I'm almost done w/ Trivia...we're in our 53rd straight hour, 60th place out 500 and some odd teams. Not our best year, but not bad either...I missed out on some great diving apparently, but still...it's Trivia. I couldn't miss out.
04-18-2003, 10:04 AM,
Diving Lake Wazee this weekend. Let you know how it turns out. Only thing that will stop us is thunder. :o

Doug