Remember me
Lost Password Register

Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
03-14-2003, 07:47 PM,
Re:Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
Okay, I'm blown away. You guys really know these sites. I've been to wazee about a dozen times and haven't encountered some of this deeper stuff. I would love to see that tent underwater. What kind of a tent? I assume something like a dome tent?
--Jason
03-14-2003, 08:23 PM,
I dive there a LOT! ;D

I think I made somewhere around 40/50 dives there last summer. I'd have to look at my dive log to be sure, but I know that I was there around 15 times last year.

The tent isn't up yet - we're still trying to figure out where on earth we should put it. The obvious choice already has the gazing ball and all that fun stuff...we were thinking of somewhere along Sherwood forest in the deeper range.

The only problem is, it took us about a half hour to set up on the first run, and that was in shallow water. So we're thinking we might get one of those self-pitching one/two man dome tents for $15 and try that out. The tent we are using is a 4 man A fram tent with 5 poles. Kind of big.

For sure though, as soon as we get it up I'll let you know where it is!
03-24-2003, 04:50 PM,
OK, what is the correct name for the place just short of the wall with the plithera(?) of various outdoor objects? I had to blink twice when I first saw it. As far as the angel figurines , I thought I have been all over that wall (straight ahead from the 105' buoy line) and have never seen that pair before. Looks like I have to look closer...Or start wearing my reading glasses. And thanks for the future tent. That would make some really cool photo shots , to say the least!

Thanks...Jean ;D

03-24-2003, 06:09 PM,
I'm not sure what the official name is...I first heard it called "The Garden".

What sucks is, someone cleaned it all out of the lake so it's not there anymore Sad
03-24-2003, 07:31 PM,
What?? That stuff is gone? When was it cleaned out?

One thing I really liked about that spot last year was all the sunfish beds.
--Jason
03-24-2003, 07:51 PM,
All of the fish cribs are still there, it's just that the little garden w/ the flower pots, the fence, the little bear with the scuba mask and all that is gone. I'm not sure when it disappeared....I just know that when I was out there ice diving the owner of Wazee Sports said that it was all gone.

We'll have to start a new one ;D
03-25-2003, 05:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2003, 05:14 PM by FreediveWI.)
It's 60 degrees in Madison today and I'm off from work. ;D
So, I jumped into Lake Monona for a couple of hours of freediving today. I left the spearguns at home and dragged my cameras with me instead. Loads of carp, northern and musky where everywhere. Vis was only a few feet, but at least I got wet.

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   musky_face2.jpg_thumb (Size: 21.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-31-2003, 04:23 PM,
The garden is gone??? :'(
Yes , you are right . We definately have to start a new one. I wonder if the bicycle got "removed" also? At least I have some pics of it somewhere from last year.

Jean
03-31-2003, 04:29 PM,
If someone asks...Here the Perch Lake Directions (Western Wisconsin near MN border)...

These directions are for coming from west to east (from Stillwater Mn.)
Take the lift bridge over the St. Croix (east Wis. 35 and 64).
The first right turn you can make is County Road E. This is a very steep hill. Go up the hill and continue straight east on Cty Road E. About 2.7 miles down the road you will hit Cty Road V. Keep going straight. At about 2 miles past the Cty Road V interchange , you will see a brown sign saying "HomeStead Parklands - Perch Lake". Take a left on that road. The lake is not quite a 1/2 mile from the main road (Cty E).

Thanks...Jean
04-03-2003, 04:08 PM,

I'd imagine the same group of people or same person removed it all. They are right up there with the same dorks that constantly break the gazing ball...it was broken twice last summer that I know of. I've got a spare one sitting in my basement right now ;D