Remember me
Lost Password Register

Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
06-08-2003, 04:28 PM,
Re:Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
The weekend of June 28 and 29, I find myself in Milwaukee with not much to do. Anybody want to do some diving in the MIlwaukee area that weekend? Is there anyplace worth diving this time of year?

Give me some ideas.

Doug
06-09-2003, 06:31 AM,

Doug,
Saturday the 28th I could possibly dive in the morning but the rest of the day is trashed. Sunday should be open. I think just about any dive is worth it. Depending on your schedule, we can look into a wreck dive on the big pond, there are some that are close to shore like the Niagara or the Appomatox, or we'll find something else that fits our schedules.
06-09-2003, 09:16 AM,
Doug,

The Len-Der and the Reef Diver will be going out both days. They have a variety of wrecks that they go to, but you can usually count one at least one dive being on the "Willy"- Rodales rated it as one of the top 20 wreck dives in all of North America a few years ago.

You can call Jerry, the owner, at (414) 588-6764 to check into bookings.

There are also many shore dives that can be done for free- Appomatax, Josaphine, Volunteer, Sebastapol, Toledo, or even just diving the break-wall to find anchors and spear carp.

Dive conditions are usually pretty nice in June. Actually, dive conditions are pretty nice almost all year round- with the exceptions of April and November when the storm winds blow.

Jon

06-09-2003, 12:10 PM,
I have to work on Saturday 28th, but I can probably dive on Sunday. It looks like there are no charters with Jerry on the 29th so we could do the Willy or something? Chris, sounds like you are in huh?

Todd
06-09-2003, 02:15 PM,
Todd and Doug,
I'm in for sure. Lets look into some of the fee ones that Jon mentioned. I still have two dives left on my 4 dive package on the LenDer, but I hate to blow them all at once! Smile
06-09-2003, 03:43 PM,
Just read the last few posts on this thread and thought it would be nice to do a Lake Michigan shore dive. I dove with Len-der and Divers Delight and was raised in Port Washigton, but never dove from shore. Anyway, my daughter is getting married on the 28th and my wife just said, no, I can't ask to come along. Go figure.
06-18-2003, 08:56 PM,

Doug,
Saturday the 28th I could possibly dive in the morning but the rest of the day is trashed. Sunday should be open. I think just about any dive is worth it. Depending on your schedule, we can look into a wreck dive on the big pond, there are some that are close to shore like the Niagara or the Appomatox, or we'll find something else that fits our schedules.
[/quote]

Chris,

I finally got more definition on my plans and Sunday (6/29) is diving day. SHore diving sounds great to me. Let me know if you are still interested along with some of the other divers.

Doug