Trimix in Tennessee
03-27-2005, 06:02 AM,
Re: Trimix in Tennesee

It's DIR  Wink.
03-27-2005, 07:47 AM,
Here is another shot of the quarry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   383.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-27-2005, 09:06 AM,

It's DIR  Wink.
[/quote]
I do have a redundant one on the boat for anyone deserving it... just in case.  >Big Grin
Greg
03-27-2005, 06:34 PM,
Is that "Dueling Banjos" I hear in the background? (Hillbilly to Ned Beatty) "squeal boy, squeal like a pig" ;D.
03-27-2005, 07:00 PM,
Is that "Dueling Banjos" I hear in the background? (Hillbilly to Ned Beatty) "squeal boy, squeal like a pig" ;D.
[/quote]

mmmm...pig.

We ate at an excellent BBQ place called the Smoke House BBQ and Sub Shop.    They had the smokers going in front of the building when we drove past in the morning.  We couldn't resist eating there on Wednesday and Thursday.

Banana Puddin'

03-28-2005, 11:59 AM,
Some questions for those who took the trimix class:
1. Cost for the course(s)
2. Prerequisites to take the trimix course
3. Now that you have it, where and how often do you plan to use it?
4. Where will you get trimix fills in your area?

Thanks.

03-28-2005, 02:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2005, 06:42 AM by Chris H.)
Re: Trimix in Tennessee

Contact Greg Such, Divbum on this board, for the 1st two questions.
3)I plan to use it anytime I'm below 100ft if I have access to it.  I certainly won't go deeper than 120 without Helium.  There are some great wrecks in the 150ft-200ft range in Lake Michigan.    I want to eventually dive the Gunilda.

4) Deep Blue in Milwaukee has Trimix capabilities.  Greg also fills on location for many of his trips.
03-28-2005, 05:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2005, 06:29 PM by divegeek.)
Thank you. Just wondering why you'd travel all the way to Tennessee to take a class, when Deep Blue must give trimix instruction as well, besides offering filling capabilities??? I've heard Mr. Such is a great instructor.

What modifications or changes did you have to make to your regs and other gear to use trimix???

Lastly, what about liability issues, with filling? If Mr. Such fills, and something goes wrong, wouldn't he be liable for providing the gas? I also have seen where some members of this board were doing their own fills....same idea, what about liability???

03-28-2005, 07:28 PM,
Divegeek,

I have been running spring training for the past 4 years in TN for divers that wish to be prepared for diving the lake when the ice comes off and the boats go in.  I go no father south - due to training divers to dive in conditions similar to our local enviorment.  There our a few other locations I could choose but the host of my friend and store owner in TN is 1st class.

Lastly your liabilty concerns should be deleted from this thread - why?  I run a business, I am insured and trained to provide all services I offer, like any dive shop offering the same.  Additionaly I only offer the services to those with proper training and I pay premium prices on the proper spec gases. - So mods feel free to delete this portion if the rest is edited, I truely feel it has no place in the thread.

As always, anyone with queastions on training or services I offer can call me anytime 1.815.378.8152

Safe Diving
Greg
03-28-2005, 08:10 PM,

What liability? The members doing their own fills were at the time undergoing a "Gas Blender" class, under the supervision of an instructor. The gas being used was of the proper grade, and the whips and gauges were of better quality (and probably cleaner) than most dive shops I've seen ???.