Lost Password Register

Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
04-18-2003, 03:39 PM,
Re:Favorite Wisconsin dive spots
Please do!!!
Jean
04-20-2003, 06:09 PM,
Dove Lake Wazee on Saturday and Sunday. Rain has taken its toll on visibility. Was only about 20 feet at all levels by Sunday. Lake is a little cold (39 degrees). Weather did not help us warm up between dives. Still a nice dive but the fish are not out in abundance yet. Need more warm weather.

Had a good time with the camera and it was great to be in the water.
Si-Tech dry gloves were dry on all dives.

If you did not get out this weekend, you missed out. Winter is coming.

Doug
04-28-2003, 08:22 PM,
Dive
Dive
Dive

This weekend I plan to dive all weekend, as long as I can find a buddy. Hope to see you out there.

Doug
05-04-2003, 03:11 PM,
Red Granite was an interesting dive. Usual lousy conditions in the shallows, but great visibility from 60 to 85 feet. Swam in some area where I always wondered what it would look like if you could see greater than 3 feet. The boat at 80 feet looks different when you can see the whole thing. This is the diving that I had always heard about in Red Granite but never witnessed.

This made for some great diving and an enjoyable day. Red Granite is still cold.

Doug
05-04-2003, 04:57 PM,

Doug,
Todd and I had a great dive last weekend at Red Granite. Vis was definately great in the deeper water. We should get together and dive soon. There is a chance that I'll be in Point on Friday night. Perhaps Saturday moning we could do Red Granite again?
Chris
05-04-2003, 05:02 PM,
I am out of town next weekend. This is for work which really sucks. However, I know that Al and George are looking to dive next weekend and would be interested. I will let them know.

We set up alomost all of our dives by e-mail.

Doug
05-05-2003, 07:52 AM,
Boat? Where the hell is a boat in Red Granite? :o
I've been there a number of times and haven't seen it. Is it on the side opposite the Kiwanas Park and diner? Now I have to go back to see a boat and the black layer.
05-05-2003, 09:26 AM,

We most often enter by the old Pickle factory in the opposite bay from the restaurant. There is a very nice, water level flat spot to enter. There is a boat in about 24' of water and another in about 80'. There is a snowmobile too, but I didn't see it on the last dive. If you want to dive it, let me know if you'd like a tour guide and we can car pool.
05-05-2003, 04:41 PM,

We most often enter by the old Pickle factory in the opposite bay from the restaurant. There is a very nice, water level flat spot to enter. There is a boat in about 24' of water and another in about 80'. There is a snowmobile too, but I didn't see it on the last dive. If you want to dive it, let me know if you'd like a tour guide and we can car pool.
[/quote]

Do not forget the old toilet and the third boat. I have taken dives where I have seen all three boats. Also, have taken dives where everyone lost their buddy in 3 minutes at 80 feet. Darkest place that I have ever been. Like a bad night dive. and cold.

Visibility is great now. Be sure to take it in while you can.

Doug
05-23-2003, 02:01 PM,

There is actually three!