Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving in the Philippines
03-09-2005, 11:22 PM,
Diving in the Philippines
Hi all Wisconsin Divers!

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or under Off Topic, so please forgive me if I did wrong, okay?

I'm a Norwegian citicen, but i have settled down with my family on Mactan-Island, Cebu, Philippines and I have been living here for almost a year now.  I will be 50 in March 2005, and I have a Philippine wife and 2 monkeys. (kids)

I took up diving after I came down here, and July 28, 2004 I took my PADI Open Water Diver license.  Later I have taken PADI Advanced Open Water, Emergency First Response, PADI Rescue Diver and Enriched Air Nitrox.  Next month I will take IANDT / PADT Gas blender and PADI Deep Diver, and then I will go into TecRec.  My deepest dive up untill today is a deco-dive 45 meter / 2 tanks / air, and I always plan my dives with the Decrompression Planner from GUE / Simon Tranmer regardless if it's a deco-dive or not.

I enjoy diving on the reefs here, and I have also been fortunate enough to see a whaleshark here.  That's really cool for an old Norwegian!  8)

I was kind of stumbeling over this forum when I was vacuumcleaning the Internet for info about dual-tank systems, and "hey", - THIS was very interesting for me.  I hope I can stay and exchange some opinions and information even though I live far away from you guys.  English is not my mother language, but I hope that you somehow can understand what i try to say.

To exchange opinions from one corner of the world to an other can sometimes be very useful, and who knows:  Maybe some of you even will come here one day, and we can dive on the coral reefs together!  :Smile

I also have a small homepage, and I try to write a little about diving there.  The URL is , and with your permission I would just be happy to place a link to you there.  May I have feedback on that from one of the moderators maybe?

I am also by the way a member of the "Support Team" on since i was living in Norway.  I am not very active anymore, but I know how to behave in a forum!  ;D

Basically I have said what I want as an introduction, and I hope I can make some friends here!

Have a wonderful day!

-kjell-

Messages In This Thread
Diving in the Philippines - by Eriksen - 03-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Re: Diving in the Philippines - by inthetundra - 07-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Re: Diving in the Philippines - by alan - 09-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Re: Diving in the Philippines - by dfreeman - 03-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Re: Diving in the Philippines - by alan - 03-12-2005, 04:06 AM