Remember me
Lost Password Register

Devil's Lake
04-15-2003, 11:33 AM,
Re:Devil's Lake
Your own cabin on a CLEAN lake sounds like heaven. 8)

I attached my mono to my speargun float and dragged it along with me. When I got out to a little bit deeper water I tied my bi-fins on and switched to the mono for a while. This seemd to work out fairly well.

We were following this underwater pipe for quite some distance, over a mile, and freediving it the whole way. Ted and I would switch off. First, I would dive down and swim the float weight forward about 30' and then come up. Then, Ted would drop down where I left off and swim it forward 30'. We kept this up for well over an hour. Inbetween the depth and the whitecaps on the surface we decided that 30' segments would work the fastest as we could shorten our breath-ups inbetween dives.

Eric Fattah is a pretty extreme guy in all senses of the word. It doesn't surprise me that he pushed himself to this point of not being able to use fins at all for the next 3 months. It sounds like he's knocking off 130'+ freedives with out any fins at all right now, and doing it with a wetsuit and weight belt!

Anyone who does 7-8 mile swims in the Canadian ocean, in winter, at night, and then pulls off 200'+ freedives is a little over the edge to begin with. Wink Of course he also blows away any other diver I have ever seen in the water before, except maybe Martin S.

It seems like overtraining can come back to haunt you in any sport. Eric is also known for some pretty wild diets and fasting routines that I don't think either of us will have to worry about.

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by freediverND - 04-15-2003, 03:04 AM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Re:Devil's Lake - by freediverND - 04-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-15-2003, 11:33 AM