Remember me
Lost Password Register

IANTD Free diving instructor course
04-07-2003, 10:40 AM,
IANTD Free diving instructor course
Excerpts From Freedive WI -
Where are you going to take the freediving instructor course? I emailed Tom Mount, president of IANTD, over a month ago and he never got back to me.
I e-mailed Tom several times and finally got an answer from Dan Hodgins, apparently Tom's right hand man in the free diving instructing. Got reply on cost, requirements, location, etc. I just e-mailed him another note with a ton of questions regading the IANTD Free diving Instructor Rating.

Divetech in Cayman is the only place that I know of who teaches it. I looked into it but whant to push my PB down to 120', from 105', to get their master instructor rating- goals for the summertime.

Seaview Dive Center, a new shop in the caymans, Dan H. and Tara C.. My goals too, -120' this summer, I'm sure I'd a hit -100' last summer if the weather would have cooperated when I had the support there, but for now it sits at -79' (the bottom). Maybe we could get to gether this summer and both push our p.bs.

Have you looked into Kirk's clinic yet? You could drive to Maimi and take it like I did a couple of years ago. That would be cheaper than Cayman and you could get the housing too. No instructor rating, but we don't need c-cards for freediving anyhow- just knowledge. I have stacks of c-cards and instructor ratings, but I learned more in one week with him than in any rec or tec class that I have ever taken in scubadiving- and that includes a 2 month long IDC that I did at PADI headquarters almost 20 years ago. It's really worth the money."

I have been communicating with Kirk, and I know his course would be great as I have met and dove with him before, but I have been asked by a local dive shop here if I would be interested in teaching free diving so I though maybe a piece of paper that says you're an instructor might be a good thing to have for those that think that a certificate makes you more knowledgeable, although the dive shop did not require it of me. Dan H. said that they would travel to put on the clinic and I have inquired for more information about that and if they will be putting on a clinic in Canada this summer.. where they will be going in June. I'm asking lots and lots of questions. If I went to Kirks clinic it would be later in the summer and out in California where one of my daughters lives, but I would prefer Florida

Messages In This Thread
IANTD Free diving instructor course - by freediverND - 04-07-2003, 10:40 AM