Remember me
Lost Password Register

National Geographic Documentary on L.R. Doty to air next week
05-12-2011, 04:02 PM,
Re: National Geographic Documentary on L.R. Doty to air next week

The location coordinates have not been released as far as I know.  There is some work going on to get the Jeanette listed on the national register of historic places and after that is accomplished, the coordinates might go public, but even then it isn't certain.  I don't know how long that might take, but I wouldn't count on the coordinates being released for a couple years or more and possibly even longer.  As you know, people are very protective of their discoveries, which is understandable.  In the mean time, I suppose you could try contacting some charters to see if they can get you there somehow.  I know it's a raw deal when you want to see a wreck and you know people are diving it, but you can't get access for yourself.  I experience that feeling often.  I will see if I can post some youtube video of it this year, so people can at least see what it looks like a little better, but even I only have 1 dive on it so far.  I didn't really get to explore it to a great extent because on that dive, we had very specific tasks to accomplish to get video for Nat Geo.  There were also several other factors of difficulty because visibility was pretty bad, I was just getting over the flu, there was a very strong current and we kept getting weathered out, so for me it was stressful situation with some real pressure (self imposed only) to get results.  Don't give up on it though if you really want to achieve that dive.  Best of luck to you.

Messages In This Thread
Re: National Geographic Documentary on L.R. Doty to air next week - by john j - 05-12-2011, 04:02 PM