Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ?
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM,
Re: Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ?
Ok back to the start 21% AIR ???????? not a  NITROX tank valve,,, no Partial pressure O2 fills,,, JUST OLD AIR air 21%
Burst disc ok 5 years old ok,,,,,replace, & proper installation = torque to specs, I have no major isue with that at all, done at inspection of valve and tank.
This is  a shop pushing valve service on the recommendation,training of PSI/ PCI I think.
no response but they don't want to email back and forth at this time,
valve service from my read is a manufacture suggestion on a 5 year period / hydro
not mandatory, again not  50% -100 % 02, not partial pressure fills. just air fills on a darn near new looking valve inside & out!

Now to the garage blending station operators,this hits close to home a sample link hope this works, FYI
are you compliant with these requirements or are you exempt in your locality/?? to me if this all go's wrong as did the o-2 tank blowing up the air dales garage we all get a bad rap in the field

Man with free fills I got to send the gang your way!
dive safe,
and fill safe too!
food for thought,
I know it was not a fill station but this is what could go wrong! ouch! read down were he was putting out the fire with one hand missing that has to hurt! that's why fire departments have rules and regulations on this type of operation!

The basics are this. He was coming home from a game and pulled into the garage in his truck. Somehow a 40 cu ft scuba tank of 100% O2 got knocked over. It was a deco bottle, totally normal thing for a tech diver to have. The tank shattered. It is likely that a piece of shrapnel from the tank took off his hand. The oxygen somehow created a massive fire that a neighbor described as an explosion. (A full investigation has not been done, so these "facts" are just as I understand them from what I have been told by various people involved.) Cindy was in the house brushing her teeth. The explosion broke her mirror in the bathroom and gave her a nasty cut to the face. She ran out into the garage and Rick was on fire. He was trying to put the fire out with a garden hose, with one hand missing

Messages In This Thread
Re: Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ? - by moneysavr - 04-12-2011, 08:58 PM