Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ?
04-10-2011, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2011, 12:06 PM by matt t..)
Re: Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ?
I'm sorry if I'm not getting your point. It is standard industry practice to rebuild valves and replace burst discs at hydro time (obviously every 5 years). If you or a LDS is filling pure 02 into your tanks I don't see that this should be a problem. Dirty valves are the most likely failure point/fire ignition point on a tank and are overlooked a lot of the time at visual and hydro time. If you aren't interested in paying a LDS to service your tanks/valves/ regs, etc everything is available online to do it yourself if you have the aptitude (I just did 10-12 valves. $15 a kit, $6 per burst disc, and $100 for an ultrasonic cleaner). As far as running compressors, filling tanks, and storing gas bottles at home, my (Farmers Ins.) homeowners policy doesn't require anything special for me to be able to do it as long as I don't accept money for it. If I accept money it becomes a business and a extra liability policy is required. I don't make it a practice to fill for others. I will on occasion if necessary, but I don't charge $$$. On a side note I would probably have the 20 year old valve rebuilt if you are running pure 02 through it. You are just looking for trouble if you don't.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ? - by matt t. - 04-10-2011, 12:02 PM