Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ?
04-10-2011, 07:58 AM,
Re: Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ?
Yes I strongly agree on the compressor and quality control on gas,no problems on paying to play that's not the issue ,Its the economic times seem to be changing the rules with shops,shop owners  / or the dive industry to generate income.

The heart of the matter is as a non compressor owner,And could at any time initiate a compressor-Scuba Amp & bank system non issue!
but as I have seen with many at home gas blenders I have questioned is the liability?dose your home owners insurance cover your filling practices on site?  are you just filling personal use or is your dive pal getting fill's also? if so are you zoned for manufacturing/commercial in your community?your neighbors know? Bet they don't!  MMM what if the town got a little email about what your doing in your garage with high pressure gases & tank's,welding tanks,hazardous materials storage!!! OMG :o :o OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MR> BILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
Now back to the point rent a commercial building zoned commercial with proper insurance cover the liability,equipment,site,proper equipment maintenance, ect. I am sure the cost's would be prohibitive and not cost effective that's why I am supporting the local LDS & not garage vodoo gas blenders  with a 30 year old copy of Oxy hackers book!

I have no problem paying for a visual,hydro's to a local LDS and as a business owner paying a(* fair mark up! )The sticking point a valve rebuild suggested by a manufacture being told/sold to unsuspecting customers as mandatory may be a bit misleading! *

Guess I am looking for thoughts from some shop owners  on their practices or other divers that support their local LDS,and not lessons on gas blending in your garage.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Scuba tank,Hydro,Visual,tumble,Valve service,O-2 clean if Nitrox too much $$ ? - by moneysavr - 04-10-2011, 07:58 AM