Remember me
Lost Password Register

WI Divers - Please contact your legislators - details inside
02-28-2011, 10:51 AM,
WI Divers - Please contact your legislators - details inside
Hello everyone - I used to post on here under the account name of "Omicron" but it appears that the account has been unused for so long it has gone inactive.

DIVERS IN WISCONSIN!!!!!!  PLEASE call your legislator today to ask them to pay attention to the the White Nose Syndrome bat law coming up for vote in the Assembly THIS WEDNESDAY.  The vote will SHUT DOWN all cave diving in Wisconsin and potentially all diving in "mines and quarries" - IE, Red Granite, Wazee, etc.  Not sure who your legislator is???  Here you go!

Ask for, at the very least, an amendment to the decontamination portion of the bill to allow entry to submerged caves and mines with gear that has been in other states.

If your rebreather or other dive gear has been outside of the state of WI it will be unable to be used in WI submerged mines, caves and quarries!  This is not the pure intent of the law but as it is written that is the impact that it will have.

Videos of the mines.  Everyone on here should know what Red Granite and Wazee are by now.

Here is video of the Piquette mine:

Here is video of the Rodham mine:

This doesn't just impact the cave divers in the state.  As the legislation is written it could shutdown diving in any and all mines and quarries so this needs to get amended.  We worked with the DNR as the law was being written but they were unwilling to change the wording as the wording had already been reviewed by their lawyers and it was too late to change it.

I've contacted as many divers as I can and have urged local dive shops to call in as well.  Your assembly person will be THRILLED to hear from someone not talking about the union mess!
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water.  The lucky ones make frequent return visits.

Messages In This Thread
WI Divers - Please contact your legislators - details inside - by JDostal - 02-28-2011, 10:51 AM