Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Freediving Equipment
03-18-2003, 07:41 PM,
New Freediving Equipment
If I end up selling my drysuit this summer I plan on picking up the coolest piece of dive gear that I have ever tried, they even beats out rebreathers and HID lights!

They are called "FLUID GOGGLES" and they were invented by Canadian world record holder Eric Fattah. He even let me try them on when I dove with him a couple of years ago in Miami.

Fluid Goggles look like regular swim goggles, except that you should have learned in scuba-101 that you can't dive with swim goggles. Normal swim goggles have no way of equalizing the air space on the inside of the lens and would cause serious damage to your eye if you dove much past 10' with them.

FLuid Goggles are filled with, you guessed it, fluid. Actually their filled with saline solution so that there is NO air space on the inside of the goggle. This means that you don't waste any air equalizing them on the way down and you can also keep your hands above your head for a smoother entry into the depths. When you use fluid goggles you wear a nose clip, made by Paradisia, which allows for hands-free clearing.

The inside of the goggle has a thick zirconium lens which actualy allows the eye to focus in water. They are very slick. Some tech divers are even putting them into their leg pockets instead of back-up masks for deep diving. They are much smaller and require no air to clear.

Here is a picture of my round noggin with a pair of them on- and filled with fluid. The visibility they provide is excellent.
Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   jon_fluidgoggles.jpg_thumb (Size: 43.11 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
New Freediving Equipment - by FreediveWI - 03-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by jasondbaker - 03-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by FreediveWI - 03-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by freediverND - 03-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by FreediveWI - 03-19-2003, 11:04 AM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by freediverND - 03-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by Omicron - 03-24-2003, 06:15 PM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by FreediveWI - 03-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Re:New Freediving Equipment - by Omicron - 03-24-2003, 06:21 PM