Remember me
Lost Password Register

looking for a start in the tech world
04-02-2008, 12:31 PM,
Re: looking for a start in the tech world
I'll bite!!

You have a harness and plate...

next get wing and single tank adapter so you can use your new equipment..personally..forget about the weight harness..just use a weight belt with lead weights....

I would assume you have a regulator.. what kind might it be?? if its of good quality..get another one..if you dont own any..buy some regs that are suitable for cold water diving..then get two of them...make sure they are DIN...and come with an adapter..

i would think next you will want to pick up some steel tanks with din valves...if you are not ready for twins yet...try to get two that are alike..so they can be twinned later...make sure they are DIN...

if you plan to dive in the big lake..strongly consider a pony bottle..but rig it as a sling bottle..get a 40cf..its a great size to use as a back up..and it will allow you to get comfortable with it..before you get twins on...and start using it as a deco  bottle...you will need a good reg for that as well...

get yourself a nice light..i personally suggest a cannister light...my reasons...to get a nice hand held light..you will need to spend $300 new....as you dive more you will find it to be cumbersome to carry especially when you are switching breathing gasses while doing future deco..rather than spend that money and then spend 600 on a Diverite Slimline h10 cannister.....just buy the cannister..i personally have a couple of lights that i havent used in a few years because of this.... after the cannister light....look at a manifold and bands to put your two tanks together....and you should be good to go..

Keep in mind..this doesnt address exposure protection..this is a different story all together..

Good Luck
Deano

Also...find yourself a good shop that you can trust..and tell them your plans and they can help you plan out your purchased

Messages In This Thread
looking for a start in the tech world - by jmohns - 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Re: looking for a start in the tech world - by DiveCaptDean - 04-02-2008, 12:31 PM