Remember me
Lost Password Register

Neck Seal
06-05-2007, 08:27 PM,
Re: Neck Seal
I like neoprene.  I have had both latex and neoprene and I have found that neo is much warmer and more durable than latex.  When a latex neck seal goes, it is usually requires a full repair and is generally unusable.  A neo seal you can goop with Aqua Seal/Cotol or Seal Cement and get back in business until you have the time to get it fully repaired.  I can understand the problem you are having if the seal is too small.  I don't think the problems you are having is because of neo, I think the seal is just plain too small.  If you decide to replace it make sure it is a seal that it sized specifically for your neck and you may find it much more comfortable.

I have first hand experience with Superior and they are top notch, not cheap, but you get what you pay for.  I have heard mostly good things about Drysuits Plus in Milwaukee but have no first hand experience.  You may be able to try on a seal there and test the fit before deciding on replacement.

I would have no problem with Matt punching a hole in my suit, if he is offering to help you, take him up on it.  Seriously, Matt is all about quality!!  No need for spending the extra money having it done by a shop.

Messages In This Thread
Neck Seal - by fishchaser - 06-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Re: Neck Seal - by Swimjim - 06-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Re: Neck Seal - by Chris H - 06-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Re: Neck Seal - by matt t. - 06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Re: Neck Seal - by dfreeman - 06-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Re: Neck Seal - by Vtach - 06-05-2007, 08:27 PM