Remember me
Lost Password Register

Finis Rapid Monofin
10-19-2006, 04:20 PM,
Finis Rapid Monofin
I just tried out my new Finis "Rapid" monofin today.  I tried it out in Redgranite.  For saying it fits mens shoe size 8-14, my 9 1/2 4E foot was a rather tight fit with 2mm booties.  It was hard to get into it as I didn't have the adjustable strap set yet, but once I got the strap set, it was a lot easier.  The adjustable strap has a hook that hooks between the feet and also doubles as an emergency release.  All you have to do is push on the hook from the back side of the fin, and it releases.  With a little bit of a kick it is off both feet.  The fin is also positively buoyant so it will go to the surface if lost.  Besides the hook, the adjustable buckles hook on a post that might accomodate other manufacturers straps.  The blade is thermoplastic and carries a warning not to exceed 179F, so watch it when it comes to hot cars or trunks.

Snorkeling with it wasn't too fun as it likes to come out of the water and splash.  Once I started freediving, the fin really suprized me.  It had a lot more power than my jet fins and could get me to the bottom faster than I could clear my ears.(have to watch that)  On the way up from 15' three to four kicks had me on the surface breached almost to my waist.  The fin will let you know if you are kicking correctly, as you will feel the fin just flop if your not.  Submerged kicking correctly, it feels like you are riding a scooter.  The box says the fin could get you up to 6 MPH.

This is one of the lower priced Finis monofins at $89.  They have 3 more models above this one ranging from $129-250.  I wish the higher priced models had the adjustable (and also replaceable) strap.

Can't wait to try it with scuba. Big Grin

I'll post a pic as soon as I take one.

DEW >&ltWink)>

Messages In This Thread
Finis Rapid Monofin - by Dewit2it - 10-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Re: Finis Rapid Monofin - by FreediveWI - 10-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Re: Finis Rapid Monofin - by FreediveWI - 10-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Re: Finis Rapid Monofin - by Dewit2it - 10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Re: Finis Rapid Monofin - by FreediveWI - 10-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Re: Finis Rapid Monofin - by freediverND - 10-27-2006, 10:14 AM