Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Charters
03-31-2006, 09:48 AM,
Re: Dive Charters

Neat topic!!!!! I am curious to see the post regarding this one.....
i have yet to find any guidelines on this one but..i feel the following:

I think that Captains are responsible for getting a general overview of each divers qualifications...and experiences..either by checking log books or by having a conversation with that person to find out where they have dove..etc...We have no choice but to take them at their word as we do not have the resposibility to verify that what they say is true...How could we...we are not offering schooling, nor are we offering a dive guide..at least not usually.... locally...C cards are verified...but what do they really mean..???

I think that we have a resposibility to get the divers to and from the dive site as safetly as possible..we have a resposibility to be prepared in the event that there is an accident..whether it require a first aid kit or a oxygen bottle....we have a responsibilty to keep an eye on things like weather..so to not put people in an environment that would make for a bad dive ( ie waves..etc)..also think that we have a responsibility to help educate those divers that require a little guidance when diving the big lake...(ie equipment suitability and exposure protection suitability.....

I dont think that we should be responsible for what happens under water...ieĀ  someone doesnt maintain their equipment and a free flow happens..the diver pannicks and bolts for the surface...a diver fails to monitor their air supply and bolts to the surface....gets bent...etc..the best that i can do in this situation is get them aboard and on oxygen..and monitor..and suggest to them that no matter what i would like to give them a ride to the hospital for treatment...or the best i can do is tell someone that doesnt have proper training or equipment to stay out of the wreck..if they choose to go in..what can i do...

Those of you that have dove with me..think back..I had either been in the water with you at one time....know someone personally that had been in the water with you...had a good discussion with you regarding your experience..or had an instructor on the boat that was diving with you..for your first dives on the lake.....I think we all try to make a positive and safe experience for the divers....the last thing we want is for someone to not make it back from a trip....not only woud this be crushing on our spirit, but not real good for business....the fact is..no matter what....an accident can happen at any time...the best we can do ......is our best.

i look forward to the future posts
Deano

Messages In This Thread
Dive Charters - by drifter1430 - 03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Re: Dive Charters - by Rik - 03-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Re: Dive Charters - by scubagrrl - 03-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Re: Dive Charters - by Chris H - 03-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Re: Dive Charters - by DiveCaptDean - 03-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Re: Dive Charters - by scubert - 03-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Re: Dive Charters - by matt t. - 03-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Re: Dive Charters - by Rik - 03-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Re: Dive Charters - by dean810 - 03-23-2006, 03:09 PM