Remember me
Lost Password Register

IANTD Free diving instructor course
04-13-2003, 07:17 PM,
Re:IANTD Free diving instructor course
Fred,

Another point with becoming an offical freediving instructor is dues and insurance. I spend more than a few hundred a year to keep up my dues and insurance to teach scuba. For freediving you'd have to be a dues paying member of IANTD AND carry their insurance to teach the class. I bet your talking an easy $500 a year to do that in the U.S., plus all of your course costs and travel expenses.

That's one reason why I like freediving so much. You don't need a c-card, or lots of overpriced gear, to do it. With the wealth of information on the internet you could almost teach yourself- if you had a buddy to spot you. Wink

Make sure you can pay your costs back if you start teaching up there. The average scuba instructor only teaches for three years before they decide to hang it up because it's just not worth it for all of the time you put in. Most of us view it as a labor of love.

That's also why you see some really sloppy scuba classes out there with no classroom sessions and only one pool session before people hit the lake. Many instructors don't put in the time to do it right because they make nothing off of the course to begin with.

Messages In This Thread
Re:IANTD Free diving instructor course - by FreediveWI - 04-13-2003, 07:17 PM