Remember me
Lost Password Register

Newb here needs suggestions...
04-25-2009, 05:20 AM,
Re: Newb here needs suggestions...
Welcome to the forum!  First question I would have for you is what type of diving are planning to do?  Local "cold" water diving, tropical vacation dives, both?  I wouldn't recommend buying all of the gear yet other than a mask, fins and maybe a wetsuit.  The reason I say this is that most every diver I know myself included has made that mistake only to find that what they had purchased wasn't what they really wanted or most importantly what they needed.  Then you end up taking a loss selling a bunch of gear to purchase what you really want or need and the cycle can continue for awhile. I had a friend that was all excited about diving and spent $1500 on gear immediately after open water training only to find after a couple dives he didn't like local diving and then sold everything at a huge loss. If you rent gear for a bit and dive with some other people and see what they are using, ask lots of questions, try out some different gear, etc. you will be better off.  I realize though it's tough to hold off on buying everything right away when you are super enthusiastic to start diving but in the long run you will be happy that you waited a bit and your wallet will be even happier. 

Messages In This Thread
Newb here needs suggestions... - by newbtoscuba - 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Re: Newb here needs suggestions... - by LKunze - 04-25-2009, 05:20 AM
Re: Newb here needs suggestions... - by Dewit2it - 04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Re: Newb here needs suggestions... - by Vtach - 04-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Re: Newb here needs suggestions... - by ScubaDo - 05-06-2009, 07:17 AM