Remember me
Lost Password Register

Regulators
07-23-2003, 07:35 AM,
Re:Regulators
Then again...here's another review from DIVERS magazine:

SECOND SURPRISE
Now for the second surprise. Under water, instead of getting the expected icy blast each time I inhaled, I found that I was breathing from one of the nicest regulators I have ever used. Did I really say that? Yes, this Poseidon gave me one of the nicest, subtlest breathes ever.
It may have its pressure-sensing diaphragm on the side of the regulator, and the exhaust deflector may put the bubbles out to one side, but the actual exhaust valve of the Xstream is positioned centrally within it, so there was no hint of a wet breathe however I twisted and turned.
The mouthpiece was soft to my mouth yet firm in my grip, and the flow of air was as near to breathing normally as one can possibly expect. Wow! Am I really saying this about a Poseidon regulator?
So if you are prepared to get an H-valve for your tank, and buy a second regulator as your octopus, you can enjoy using the Xstream for ordinary leisure diving.
Provided you don't mind turning on your supply immediately before you need it, I can recommend the Xstream unreservedly, whereas the Jetstream is for fans of Captain Scott

The bit he's talking about, the rush of air when you turn it on - he's really making more of a deal of it than he needs to. If you just turn the air on, the reg will stop the flow of air after a second or two - if you tear one of the regulators apart you'll see exactly why that rush of air happens. You don't need to put your mouth on the regulator at all...

Messages In This Thread
Regulators - by Chris H - 07-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Re:Regulators - by FreediveWI - 07-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Re:Regulators - by Omicron - 07-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Re:Regulators - by FreediveWI - 07-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Re:Regulators - by Chris H - 07-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Re:Regulators - by Omicron - 07-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Re:Regulators - by FreediveWI - 07-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Re:Regulators - by Omicron - 07-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Re:Regulators - by Vtach - 07-23-2003, 04:13 PM