Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIR NAUI???
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM,
DIR NAUI???
A little bird just told me that there has been a change and one of the major players in DIR and GUE made a move and went to work for NAUI.  I guess one other member also "defected" along with him and as a result both have been booted from the GUE board. 

Not sure what this does for DIR I and II instructors in your area.  How will this effect things in Wisc?
08-24-2005, 08:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2005, 08:59 AM by schultz.)
Re: DIR NAUI???
Since DIR by definition is more on method and less on agency, I would say not much. The key to DIR is to find an instructor you can trust, and who has been highly recommended by others. That being said, most of the tech instructors who utilize aspects of DIR while teaching in the state have instructor certs with NAUI, PADI, TDI, etc... so in essence, little has changed from these instructors' perspectives.

If what you say is true, than the resulting boot from GUE would be consistent with their ideology of "never diving with strokes" since NAUI in their eyes are noth'n but "strokes." It also sounds like there was some major political differences if two parties have left GUE. Sort of like the exec who recently left Microsoft to go work for Google....