Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIR section
04-08-2004, 08:52 PM,
Re:DIR section
I'm off to find some steroids now...

Chris,

Does that mean your going to quit scuba diving and start playing major league baseball? Wink

Jon
04-08-2004, 08:58 PM,
I know you Chris. You would rather buy dive equipment than steroids. Bulk up by lifting those doubles.

Doug
04-08-2004, 09:43 PM,
No, I read today on yahoo that the average salary dropped to $2.49M per year and I just don't think I could get by.
04-15-2004, 04:59 AM,
Sorry I have been off line for so long guys I guess running a dive store and working a full time job at the same time has its downside, although it is a hell of a lot of fun, but Jon does a good job of ocassionally kicking my butt back on when things come up. I like the idea of a DIR forum, however, it is going to be up to everyone here to make sure it stays vital.

Also, about GI, I agree with DRE, George spent so much time discussing the DIR philosophy and defending it from idiots, that I can understand it if he is pretty well tired of it all at this point. No one pays him for what must be innumerable hours he spends on email and on lists. Every email that I have ever sent him with a genuine question, has gotten a timely replay.

I also appreciate the fact that he refuses to apologize for his opinions and will defend them to the death. If you ever watch someone spar with him, it is never about the facts, it always seems to decend into personal attacks, because, as a rule, the other guys don't have a leg to stand on.

George has seen a lot of people die due to stupidity and that has got to take a toll. He has done more than just about anyone to push the envelope of equipment and deco theory, much of it behind the scenes. As far as personal style, while I don't put myself in the same league with Jarrod, I do lean more toward his style of a marketable DIR approach, also known as kinder and gentler. George doesn't make his living at this, so he doesn't need to suffer fools gladly and as most of you know, he doesn't.