Remember me
Lost Password Register

economy?
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM,
Re: economy?

I might like to be a fly on the wall the first day when you went off on somebody ;D
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM,
I run a company that repairs high-end refrigeration and cooking equipment. The past 18 months have had ups and downs, but no layoffs, and many are getting overtime in my company.

But I'm still looking to hire another experienced refrigeration tech in the Milwaukee Area. So, not all business is down. But we are running leaner then normal.

Personally though, I have a boy due in April. So, I've been backing off of nonessential items to plan for the extra expense's of this year.
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM,
...I'm in LE - and that doesn't seem to lack for clients......I maintain what I have (97 4Runner with 247,000 on it).....always put family first....pay myself before anyone else....pay in cash or wait until I can...let go of what I can't control & remember everything cycles.....we'll all survive this.....
02-21-2009, 07:46 PM,
just eatin' more rabbits and squirrels... and keeping a close eye on that little deer feeding across the road.  Actually, things aren't too bad here in north dakota.. one of the few states that haven't been affected so much by the recent recession.  And I have enough venison in the fridge to last till next hunting season as long as I supplement it with an occasional rabbit, pigeon, or squirrel, and maybe a fish or two, so really, that little fawn across the road is pretty safe. Wink
03-09-2009, 05:19 PM,
Well gang, it looks like the initial thought of a fast turn around is sinking at the same speed as the DOW is. I thought it was bad when I first read this but it seems that it is going to get much much worse before it gets better, Keep your heads down and god bless!
James
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM,
Things are tough, but I'm going to run this season.  I hope that if I can hang on for a year or two, I might make it through this.

I've heard that throughout Florida, many restaurants, dive shops, and charters are closing shop.
Dive Diva Charters, Door County WI
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM,
My Hubby just got his work-week shortened....But the company is offering him the opportunity to work an overnight to replace another person :-\
I love to go down with other divers!
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM,
This past Monday our shop cut a shift and permanently layed off 12 people. With some re-arranging of crews and a change of hours I'm still working full time with some overtime. We are now working four 10 hour days Mon-Thurs with Friday as an optional overtime day if needed.
03-11-2009, 07:56 PM,
Rabbit...The other white meat!  Looking tastier all the time!

Ever notice....When you go to buy a firearm, how much federal paperwork you have to fill out?!?!
There's none of that if you go to buy a bow and some arrows!  And if you are a good enough shot, you can re-use the arrows!
I love to go down with other divers!
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2009, 10:00 PM by freediverND.)
o.k.. THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.  RABBITS WERE HURT IN FILMING THE INCLUDED VIDEO.  but if it comes to eating rabbit, I've found a way to have one ready for the fryer (or slow cooker) in about 1/2 a minute, seriously.  Tried this a few weeks ago, just to see if it worked as good as it looked.  BTW, that's not me in the vid.
Fred
if you've ever cleaned a rabbit, I think you'll like this.  probably works for squirrel too but I haven't tried that.
kinda, but not too sorry that the thread "economy?" has come to this.  If things get real bad this could be useful for those not in the know.