Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive reports
08-12-2004, 08:43 PM,
Dive reports
Realizing that the weather has not been the greatest for diving as of recent, I would imagine that there has still been some diving going on. Why have we not heard about it? The site has been kind of slow recently, lets say we get it cooking again?

Please inform us all of your local and not so local diving trips.

Deano
08-13-2004, 08:19 AM,
Re:Dive reports
I had an awesome time spearfishing last weekend. I was planning on coming out to freedive the Milwaukee last Wednesday, but after talking to Jerry I decided the weather wasn't going to cooperate.

Planning on packing up the family for a week of freediving in some of the lakes in Northern Wisconsin- sorry, no spearguns allowed on this trip. :'(

Jon
08-13-2004, 08:45 AM,
I too thought the weather was not going to cooperate. We were all wrong....Jerry got out...it looked ugly...but winds dropped completely off and left 1 footers... >Sad

Please shoot us some input on your trip....

Oh have you sized your little one for a wet suit yet???? ;D
08-13-2004, 10:45 AM,
1 footers! I guess I missed the boat on that one. :'(

She's actually on her second wetsuit, outgrew the first one, and is about to start her third set of swimming lessons at the end of the month. I did just buy her first life jacket and am planning the first boat ride pretty soon. ;D

I was talking to my dive buddy last weekend about when I should buy her first speargun- and which kind to go with when I do. 8) I wonder when Julie Riffe started????? Wink

Jon
08-13-2004, 12:38 PM,
First boat ride....So she is a shore diver.

Is she able to "blow a bag" at depth while maintaining neutral boyance and doing a gas switch...or is she going to be a breath hold diver?
08-13-2004, 12:44 PM,
I am going to teach her how to freedive. The scuba gear will come when Grandpa decides to foot the bill. Wink

Jon
08-21-2004, 03:46 PM,
She's eyeing up the monofins already. Wink

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   dads_mono_email.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.02 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-21-2004, 07:23 PM,
Haha, cute! Smile
--Jason
08-22-2004, 10:45 AM,
yeah..thats a cute liitle girl you have there...and already using the monofins....so advanced in the sport already