Remember me
Lost Password Register

St Albans
05-31-2006, 10:14 PM,
St Albans
6 Little Birdies told me that they experienced 50ft of viz this eavening on the St. Albans....the wreck was first seen when they hit 100ft...as most of you know..its a bit deeper than that. Apparently all had a nice dive....imagine that! :Smile  Oh yes..and the ride out was pretty flat calm to boot..... Wink
06-16-2007, 08:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2007, 08:15 AM by divemichigan.)
Re: St Albans
Did a dive on the Albans tonight... Good viz at depth 40 plus but poor on the way down. There are at least 3 fishing lure's in the line between 40 and 70ft. You'll need a pliers to get them out, wet gloves would help too. Just a FYI to the next group out there.  I didn't use the line so it doesn't matter to me, but it would be nice to have them out of there when you do need the line if there is a bad day.

There is no line on the Emba we were looking for that first.. It was a nice night out there 1ft or less. You could see the jugs on the Albans from the Emba.

Highlight of the night, we had a bat land on one of the divers as we were gearing up. Spent about a minute on the divers shoulder the flew toward the windshield of the boat and crawled under some baseball caps and stayed there through the whole dive and the ride back. I think it was lost and wanted a place to land and rest.