Remember me
Lost Password Register

Looking for a Northern Wisconsin dive spot.
06-22-2005, 08:12 AM,
Looking for a Northern Wisconsin dive spot.
Howdy all,
My wife and I are looking for a nice inland lake dive site for next week. We will be in Northern Marinette county for most of next week and would like to do a few shore dives.
If anybody has a nice spot they'd like to sugest I'd appreciate it.

Also I was looking a putting together a list of Wisconsin shore dive sites with driving directions. My plan is to post them on a site for all to see. I know that Neptunes Nimrods has a few put together but if anybody has any different sites they'd like to sugest I'll put them on there.

Thanks
Chad
06-22-2005, 08:19 PM,
Re: Looking for a Northern Wisconsin dive spot.
Marinette County is the largest county in the state.  Where in the county do you plan to be?  Fortune Pond may be fairly close or not depending if you are near Aurora or Pestigo.

For shore dives, check the list that Green Bay Scuba publishes for some help for shore dives.

Also check

Doug
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM,
We plan on being in the Amberg area for part of the week. (I know there are a few quaries near there but i'm not sure if any are flooded or not. I'm guessing most are privite property.) So if that helps you think of some sites to see that'd be great. We might make trip to Wazee...not sure yet.
06-24-2005, 09:46 PM,
I do not know of any good diving sites in that area.  There are some good quarries, but they are all private as far as I know.

Doug

06-25-2005, 06:44 AM,
Ok i'm sold.......we're going to fortune pond on Sunday or Monday. Do you know of any shops in the area? I'm sure we'll need some air fills and such.

Chad
06-26-2005, 03:57 PM,
You might want to try Thunder Lake. it is west of Crivitz. I dove there once and the water was pretty clear. The cloeset shop I know of is M&M Diving in Menominee Mi. Bob at M&M may know of a good place. I think he goes out with his boat during the week(Wednesday?) I can get his phone number if you want it.
Jason