Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver Suing To Claim A Great Lakes Wreck...
07-26-2004, 08:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2004, 09:43 PM by jasondbaker.)
Diver Suing To Claim A Great Lakes Wreck...

I've read in a few shipwreck books that people think a ship full of gold went down somewhere near Poverty Island - I forget the name of the book - I think it was Ghost Ships, Gales and Forgotten Tales...but it actually had a few stories about people blowing a lot of money trying to find it. I wonder if this guy thinks he's found something??
07-26-2004, 06:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2004, 06:09 AM by matt t..)
Re:Diver Suing To Claim A Great Lakes Wreck...
I couldn't get your link to work, but I think that's the GOOBER that thinks he found the "Griffin". It's been on the radio news off and on for the last week or 2. There was also a thread on "The Deco Stop". We did however attend a book signing 2 weeks ago at Deep Blue where Richard Bennet the "signer/speaker" told us about HIS search for the Poverty Island gold. It was pretty interesting stuff. I think he said he's been looking in an approximately 2 square mile area for something like 38 years.
07-26-2004, 09:44 PM,
I fixed the link for you. Interesting story. I'll be watching to see how this pans out.
--Jason
07-27-2004, 10:52 AM,
I am a new (soon-to-be) diver here (doing OW class mid-August).....usually just lurking and following the threads trying to gain some knowledge.
There is an article in todays Milwaukee Journal Sentinal regarding this lawsuit/wreck.