wiscuba.com
Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" (/showthread.php?tid=942)

Pages: 1 2

Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - captkathy - 04-26-2007

Hello Divers!

I hope everyone had a great winter and got in some diving!  I'm back in town, hard at work on the boat, and I can't wait to begin a new season!

Many divers have asked if I can do "open" charters, ones that are available to individuals not coming up w/ a club or shop.  So by popular request, I've opened up a few weekends for this purpose.  Below are a list of the dates and number of spaces available.

If you're not familiar w/ the wrecks in the area or Dive Diva Charters, please check out my website;

If you'd like to reserve for these or any other charter dates, I can be reached by email; divediva@divedivacharters.com, or by phone; 920-495-1496.

May 25 & 26 room for one diver
June 16th & 17th room for 4 more
July 28th & 29th room for three

If there is another date that you're interested in, please let me know, I may still be able to get you onboard!

Hope to see you up here!
Capt. Kathy Engebose, USCG Licensed Master 100 Tons
Dive Diva Charters

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - matt t. - 04-27-2007

Cathy, what are your feelings on "tech" charters, and what is the situation with gas fills up in your area?

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - captkathy - 04-27-2007

Hi Matt,
I have no problem w/ anyone doing any dive that they are trained for and comfortable with!  Doubles, nitrox, deco... no problem, I just like to know your dive plan ahead of time.

The Shoreline Resort's compressor has been sold and is set up in Baileys Harbor.  (There's no source for Nitrox North of Green Bay)  I'm still trying to get in touch w/ the new owner to find out how he's going to work fills this year, so when I know more I'll be sure to get the word out!

Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Kathy

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - matt t. - 04-28-2007

Thanks Wink.

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - Chris H - 06-03-2007

Mike,
Welcome to wiscuba.  I don't think you are going to make many friends based on the first few posts you've made.  Although I'm sure we all value your opinion, you don't need to double post the same thing on several parts of the board. I just deleted the duplicate post.  The board isn't very big, and we can all see the first post.   

Thanks for playing.

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - xlmba - 06-03-2007

Thank you for being aware of this situation and taking the appropriate action.  Great website !   
                                                          Mike B.

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - dwitt2n - 06-03-2007

...I disagree with you on this one Mike......& welcome postings such as what Captkathy put out there. 

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - captkathy - 06-04-2007

Hi Mike and fellow forum users,
Mike, I apologize for offending you and any other users.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm no where near generating a profit Smile

My original announcement was posted on my behalf, w/ my permission, under General Scuba Discussions, and I continued to post there ever since.  I was unaware that this was improper, much less possibly so offensive, otherwise I would not have continued to post w/in that subject.

I was advised by one dive shop owner in Florida to stay away from these forums as they are full of mud slinging and other unpleasantness.  I do not find this to be the case here at all!!!  I found a great amount of support from the members here, and appreciation for the information that I can provide about diving in my neck of the woods.  I appreciate the hospitality here, and hope that it never becomes a place for hostility.

Mike, I read your other posts w/ comments about dive charter operators.  I don't know who you've been diving w/ in the past, but apparently you've had some bad experiences.  I invite you to come along w/ me on a charter.  Hopefully I can turn your opinion around.

Happy Diving,
Kathy

Mike,
Welcome to wiscuba.  I don't think you are going to make many friends based on the first few posts you've made.  Although I'm sure we all value your opinion, you don't need to double post the same thing on several parts of the board. I just deleted the duplicate post.  The board isn't very big, and we can all see the first post.   

Thanks for playing.
[/quote]

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - Vtach - 06-04-2007

Kathy,

I have met you before (a personal boat I was on ran out of fuel coming back from the JenniBell a few years back and you were a big help).  You are a straight shooter and competent Captain.  I, for one, welcome your input on this site and hope you continue with your business and personal input here.  Hopefully we can get out on the Diva in the future.  Thanks for your hard work.

Todd

Re: Door County Diving - Open Charters onboard "Dive Diva" - matt t. - 06-04-2007

AGREED!