wiscuba.com
Memorial Weekend 2005 - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Memorial Weekend 2005 (/showthread.php?tid=663)

Pages: 1 2

Memorial Weekend 2005 - divbum - 05-31-2005

Just return home from an outstanding trip to Presque Isle MI.  5 days of just awesome diving and weather.  This is a must dive location for any technical diver.  Dives were 150-210.  I am just exhausted, and have a lot to catch up on from the week of being out of the office with no internet.  A full report will be up later, with pictures.  We shot a few hours of film and 200 pictures.  One of my memory sticks is not transfering???  But any how.  Here is a photo from the typo to get started.
Please remeber all photos have copyrights and do not copy and use elsewhere without permission.

Re: Memorial Weekend 2005 - divbum - 06-01-2005

SS Florida.  One of the best wrecks in the area!
Enjoy.
Time is not my friend this week...

Re: Memorial Weekend 2005 - divbum - 06-03-2005

Windiate - vis was outstanding

Windate -stern cabin for 50' away

The boys finishing at 20' while we were at 90'
Enjoy... off to work today

Re: Memorial Weekend 2005 - scubert - 06-03-2005

some really great shots Greg.  I'm sorry to hear about the memory stick. 
I had a similar thing happen with a SmartCard in my Olympus 4040.  It started with the card not being able to trasfer info to the computer (even with a card reader) and ended up that my digital camera was causing major errors on the cards.  Eventually the camera failed to write anything to any card and would simply lock itself up when  attempting to write any pic just snapped.  :'(
Hopefully you will fare better.

The new memory stick is the one not working in my reader, but I can see the pictures on my camera.  Hoipefully I'll get it figured out.  All the above shots were captured off video, which gains some out compared the still shots taken.  Oh well, live and learn.
Greg

Re: Memorial Weekend 2005 - divbum - 06-23-2005

Two more photos for you guys to enjoy...
Bell on the Typo

Re: Memorial Weekend 2005 - divbum - 06-23-2005

Capstan on the SS Florida

Re: Memorial Weekend 2005 - Chris H - 07-31-2005

We just returned from a Detour to Presque Isle, MI.  (pun intended)

We had more fun than should be legal, and the diving was great. 

We were weathered out on Tuesday and Wednesday so we packed up our stuff and left at 5am to go to Presque Isle.  The first day we did one dive on the Windiate.  Day two was better because I got more than 4 hours of sleep the night before the dives.  We dived the Typo and the John J. Audubon the second day.  vis was good on these wrecks, but there was a hell of a surface current on the Audubon.

Saturday morning we headed to the Florida.  This was the most amazing wreck I've ever seen.  It is immense.  We did a 25 minute dive and I was wishing it was 30. 

The visibility wasn't quite as good as the photos below from earlier in the year, but it was still at least 50ft and the thermocline at 70 made for comfortable deco when the current wasn't kicking our butts.