wiscuba.com
Bonaire - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Bonaire (/showthread.php?tid=607)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Bonaire - dfreeman - 09-26-2005

Overall it was a great trip.  How much relaxing and great diving can a person take.  I plan to suffer through it in the near future.

See you under water.

Doug

Re: Bonaire - scubert - 09-27-2005

great shooting doug!  Really makes me miss my vacations.

The Plaza is a great place to stay and dive with.

Re: Bonaire - schultz - 09-27-2005

Great run of photos! Surprised to see no turtles in any of them though. Last time I was in Bonaire, we actually got tired of seeing so many, we told everyone to look for other "interesting" things.... best we could come up with was eels. I must admit, I've never seen a chained moray before. Great shot.

Did you do the town pier for the night dive? TONS of huge sponges there that make for great photos as well as many octopi...

Re: Bonaire - dfreeman - 09-27-2005

We only saw one turtle the who week.  Of caurse I was with Megan and turtles never appear when Megan is on a dive.  We saw eels on every dive.  We saw spotted, goldentail, chain, purplemouth, sharptail,and brown garden Eels.  And yes we did not see a Green Moray Eel.  I got pictures of all of them.

We did not do town or salt pier.  We were not going to be tied down with a schedule.  It was one of those trips where time did not mean anything to us. 

A great time.

Doug

Re: Bonaire - Omicron - 09-28-2005

Awesome, awesome photos Doug Smile

Re: Bonaire - dfreeman - 11-26-2006

It is the time of year to think about tropical diving.  Have a series of pictures of Bonaire from this spring that I thought you might enjoy.  Bonaire has become my favorite spot to dive since shore diving is easy and there is a lot to photography.  I can get over 20 dives in on a trip and have my own schedule.  Biggest problem is finding enough dive partners.

Megan loves it too.  Layed back and fun.  Plenfy of other things to do and see.

First of all my favorite creatures.  Eels (there are green, spotted, sharpstail, golden tail, chain, purple mouth) guess which one this is.  Also, a variety of octopus. guess which this one is.

I found a spot where there were a lot of jawfish that were easy to photograph.  Here are the little devils.

There are little things to search for in these waters.  Here are some examples.

The place is thick with parrotfish.  Here are some stoplights

Parrotfish and schoolmasters everywhere.