wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re: Lake Wazee - ScubaDo - 01-09-2007

White chicken chili sounds good!  I also make a good chili, with spicy mexican sausage.  This is my first winter wanting to do an ice dive, not happy with this weather.  Would be great if the 24th pans out for an ice dive,  I want the bragging rites when I go to the Keys on the 26th!!!

Re: Lake Wazee - mrclean - 01-09-2007

Okay, okay, it sounds like the white chicken chili went over well the other year.  So, its safe to assume I should make it again this year?

Andy

Re: Lake Wazee - matt t. - 01-09-2007

We can dive the 24th with or without ice. However, we can NOT dive without chili. You won't be allowed to dive unless you bring your chili too! The rangers will be checking recipes at the gate! ;D

Re: Lake Wazee - ScubaDo - 01-10-2007

Anyone know how many will be at this event?  This will be my first time doing this sort of dive, if we have enough ice.  Could someone explain what would be provided and what would be required to bring?  Please keep in mind that I will be wetsuit diving,  I have been diving recently in 33 degree water to test my gear and nerves and am ready to try it.  I just hope the air temp is at least upper 30's. :o

Re: Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 01-10-2007

Wazee Sport provides the extra lines and equipment needed for ice diving and cuts the holes.  The divers there are usually enough to provide the line tenders and safety divers.  They also have hot water for thawing things out.

You should be ice dive qualified to take this dive or get ice dive qualified at this dive.  Typically it is obvious that everyone ha ice diving experience when I have gone to these dives.

Doug

Re: Lake Wazee - mrclean - 01-10-2007

Wazee Sports always teaches the ice diver specialty on Friday evening/Saturday if one would like to sign up for the course.  I forget the price, but I think its less than $100.  You'd have to check with Keith at wazeesports.com for sure.

It's a fun day and the more the merrier.

Re: Lake Wazee - mrclean - 01-20-2007

With the frigid cold weather we have had the past week, I'll try to get out early this week and find out if Wazee has any ice on it.  I'd sure like to hope so; Feb. 24 is coming fast and it would be nice for at least a foot of ice to dive under.

Re: Lake Wazee - mrclean - 01-24-2007

Guess which lake in Jackson County now has about five to six inches of ice over it?????  Its a popular dive destination in the area.  That's your only hint.

Feb 24 Ice Dive Social at Wazee!

Re: Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 01-25-2007

Sweet ice diving in Lake Wazee!

Doug

Re: Lake Wazee - Omicron - 01-26-2007

Looking forward to it - I've got a new sidemount right I've been itching to get into the water.