wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re: Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 12-24-2005

Lake Wazee is iced over.  Roads are cleared off and have been plowed.  Ice may not last with the weather we are having.

Doug

Re: Lake Wazee - matt t. - 12-29-2005

Any Wazee locals (or anyone else passing through) know the current ice conditions at Wazee? I'm wondering if maybe the mild weather has melted what ice there was? Thanks!

Re: Lake Wazee - Chris H - 12-29-2005

Matt,
I just got off the phone with the Jackson County Park and Recreation department and they said the area by the wall is mostly open, and the boat landing side of the Lake has more ice cover.  With the warmer weather we have been having, I wouldn't expect it to freeze any more than it has already.  Maybe we can call Kieth at Wazzee Sports for a diver's point of view.

Re: Lake Wazee - matt t. - 12-29-2005

If the wave forecast for Sunday is accurate, I think we should head up that way.

Re: Lake Wazee - Chris H - 12-29-2005

I'll go if the charter is cancelled.  I need to get in the water, my gills are going away.

Re: Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 12-29-2005

I feel an ice check out trip coming on.

Doug

Re: Lake Wazee - divbum - 12-29-2005

I'll go if the charter is cancelled.  I need to get in the water, my gills are going away.
[/quote]
My girls are up so if the charter get cancelled I'll be staying home.

Re: Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 03-11-2006

Last weekend there was at Great ice dive with Wazee Sport Center.  A great lunch was provided and there was a hole in the ice.  What more can you want?  Well, the weather was super also.

How can you not be tempted by a sunny day and a trianglar diving hole.  This is real diving which makes the tropics look tame.  Keep your beaches, warm water, umbrella drinks and bikini clad girls.  Well, you can share some of these things.

Look at Jason.  Could you have more fun?

Once you get geared up, you can not wait to get into the water.  It is so pretty and inviting.  You slide in from the edge and gently enter like a seal.  None of that jumping off of a perfectly good boat stuff here.  Landing in the water like a sack of potatoes.

A sweet place to dive.  Great view from below confirms how fun this is.  No salt water in the eyes and nose here.

Underwater it was heaven.  Good, but not great visibility allowed us to enjoy a nice dive to the limits of the rope.  Here you have Jason looking over the rocky bottom and the many small trees in this area.