wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re: Lake Wazee - Bubblemaker - 05-05-2005

What is the reason for the decline in the Vis?  I thought they just did some paving to help on the dust.

K

Re: Lake Wazee - Red - 05-05-2005

so where can I get my season pass for lake Michigan  Tongue

Re: Lake Wazee - NEHDAD - 05-05-2005

So that’s what that big puddle is called.

Re: Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 05-05-2005

Everythng is relative.  Visibility was absolutely great during ice diving in February, 2005.  Also had super visibility early April of 2004.

Visibility was poor last year after all of the rain in the spring.  Had good visibility below 70 feet for most of the summer.

I wonder how the visibility will shape-up to this spring.  Will keep you posted.

Doug

Re: Lake Wazee - Swimjim - 05-05-2005

Not to get too far off the subject, but viz in the Port Washington area( Lake Michigan) has been in the fifty foot range lately.

Jim

Re: Lake Wazee - Omicron - 05-06-2005

Yeah, that's for sure.  At $80 a day for a charter Smile

Re: Lake Wazee - Chris H - 05-06-2005

Although your mileage may vary, I don't believe there is a usage charge at Lake Michigan.  Charters yes, the Lake no.  There are several wrecks that  are accessable from shore.

Re: Lake Wazee - recman21 - 05-10-2005

Was at Wazee for the first time on Sat 5-7-05. Good diving. Viz was about 20-30 feet at 60 foot depth. Temp 43deg at same depth. Will dive there again soon. Can often dive weekdays if anyone is ever looking for a buddy.

Let's Dive!!!!!

Re: Lake Wazee - Swimjim - 05-10-2005

Yeah, that's for sure.  At $80 a day for a charter Smile
[/quote]

Your own boat is just another piece of dive gear.  For the cost of a BP/wing set up with double steel tanks,  iso manifolds and a couple decent regs you could pick up a nice cuddy in the 22 - 25 foot range.  Take a coast guard boating saftey class and your on your way. 

Jim

Re: Lake Wazee - JacobsonC2 - 05-13-2005

Just go back from a rainy day of diving at Wazee, Sherwood forest. Temp at 112ft was 41 and viz was about 20ft. It never did seem like it was going to open up deeper. The viz down to about 50ft was great! In the shallows it was around 30ft in places!

I got to try out my new computer a Diverite Duo. So far so good!

Should be a great weekend to get out to Wazee and dive. It was some of the best viz in the shallows i have seen there in awhile ( didnt get to go ice diving this winter). Happy diving to all... ;D