wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re:Lake Wazee - DConrad - 01-15-2005

Has anybody been ice diving Wazee yet? Just wondering what the viz and temps have been.

Thank You.

Re:Lake Wazee - Rik - 01-15-2005

Any one of you guy's ever Ice Dive in a Wet Suite?
Other than a redundant system and or pony bottle what would I need to try Ice Diving?
Info Would be Appreciated.
I'm Game to try it in a wet suite, if I've got quick entry, a warm environment immediately afterwards, and experienced people around me!
Is anyone going to Ice dive in Lannon Quarry?
I'd like to watch and learn!
RIK O+<

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 01-15-2005

Ice diving can be done in a wet suit. I have seen it done several times. The key is pre-charging the suit with warm water and having warm water to take the edge off when you come to the surface. A spray can or a cooler half full of warm water does a good job.

Getting with a group doing ice dives and taking a class is important as the conditions are harsh and some special skills need to be used.

Doug

Re:Lake Wazee - mrclean - 01-21-2005

Greetings all,

I spoke to Keith last night and got the dates for the upcoming Ice Diving Socials on Lake Wazee. Saturday, February 5, and Saturday, March 19, 2005. Same format as previous years, food and drinks provided for a modest fee ($5-$10 or thereabouts), plenty of surface support because we are working in monthly training for the Jackson County Dive Unit members, and plenty of good times and cameraderie. Ropes, harnesses, etc. will be provided as usual. The 24 foot covered, heated trailer will be out there again for setting up/dressing down. I believe times will be 9 or 10-ish in the AM until later afternoon.

Should have good thick ice with all the bitter cold weather we've had the past month.

Hope to see you all there.

Andy

Re:Lake Wazee - FreediveWI - 01-21-2005

Rik,

Pirate's Cove will be holding it's 24th annual ice dive out at Lake Nagawicka the second weekend in February. I'll be (free)diving in a wetsuit- just like I have every year for the past three. I've also done the scuba thing under the ice in a wetsuit and was fine.

Pirate's Cove really puts on the best ice dive I've ever seen. They have hot showers, warm food, hot cider, heated argon- for the drysuit divers- rental/demo drysuits, a heated tent to store your regs in while you wait and, or course, certification classes.

Give the shop a call at 414-482-1430 or call Jerry directly at 414-588-6764

Jon

Re:Lake Wazee - pink_fins - 01-22-2005

I'm gonna try to make Keith Ice dive on March 19, weather pending.
Has to be sunny and sorta winter warm. I hate diving in rain or very cold weather.

Thanks for dry suit too. Days of ice diving in a 7mm are just stupid. ( did that many years-guess I got educated LOL) (maybe just older
gail

Re:Lake Wazee - matt t. - 01-22-2005

Andy,
Thanks for the info. Do we need to call or E-mail so he has a rough count of people diving?

Matt

Re: Lake Wazee - mrclean - 01-22-2005

Matt,

RSVP'ing would be appreciated, so we can get a rough estimate on how much food to prepare.  Shoot keith an email; keith@wazeesports.com to let him know of your interest in coming.

See you there.

Andy

Re: Lake Wazee - Omicron - 01-23-2005

Good to hear he's planning on having them again this year.  Unfortunately I'm going to miss out on them this year though Sad  I'll be ice diving up on Lake Metonga during the first one, and diving in Cozumel during the second one.  Bummer - I love the viz @ Wazee under the ice!!

Re: Lake Wazee - JacobsonC2 - 01-24-2005

so, who all is going up for this?

i would like to go this year. what happens if i dont have a buddy i can trick into going with me? thanks...

carrie