wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re:Lake Wazee - mrclean - 10-28-2004

Wazee Update:

The blacktop that Jon Schweitzer, 2nd in command of Jackson Parks and Forestry has been promising all fall, is soon to be installed. I was out diving on Wednesday with two other Jackson Dive Unit members to complete the Sherwood Forest dive platform removal and the place was crawling with Mathy Construction trucks and the roads have been graded, fill added where needed, etc. It should be all paved within a week or so, whether permitting.

I believe that the park roads blacktopped will contribute to better vis, due to less dust settling back into the lake all through the busy, dry, summer.

Finally Jackson county is putting some money into a money maker and a good investment, instead of a money loser!!! Sorry, as a County resident, I feel inclined to put in my two cents worth as we are bailing out a money-losing black hole of a county-owned nursing home to the tune of $1 million dollars a year. Time for Jackson County to get out of the nursing home business and into investing in the recreational facilities that bring in thousands of dollars a year in revenue. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

Regardless, the vis is really starting to get nice.

See you out diving on Saturday AM, Doug.

Andy

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 10-28-2004

The paving would be great. A little less dust on the truck.

See you Saturday.

Doug

Re:Lake Wazee - Omicron - 10-28-2004

Great news!!!

Re:Lake Wazee - matt t. - 10-29-2004

The improvements sound great! Now if you can just get them to sink that "free" airplane up there that they refused a few years ago. Please keep us updated on the improvements.

Matt

Re:Lake Wazee - CRDiver - 10-29-2004

"I was out diving on Wednesday with two other Jackson Dive Unit members to complete the Sherwood Forest dive platform removal..."

Why is the platform being removed?

Re:Lake Wazee - mrclean - 10-29-2004

The Sherwood platform was starting to break apart and had a bad list. The metal plates holding it together were slowly deteriorating and it would appear that a dive shop from Minnesota is going to be repairing the platform over the winter.

Re:Lake Wazee - WIdiver_Paul - 10-30-2004

Were up at Wazee again yesterday, more great vis except for the 50-80' haze area, all was 40-80' of vis! Trucks were out grading when we got there. It's great they are doing this paving and all, but as I diver the one thing I have to ask is why can't there be some freaking picnic tables somewhat closer to the water? There's picnic tables, but they're all way up on the hill!! There's something for everyone there, but the one group that brings in the big bucks ....

Re:Lake Wazee - pink_fins - 10-30-2004

Maybe we can suggest moving the picnic tables to Keith at Wazee Sports center ?

gail

Re:Lake Wazee - CRDiver - 10-31-2004

What Wazee needs are setup tables like those used at Mermet Springs in southern Illinois.

Re:Lake Wazee - WIdiver_Paul - 10-31-2004

It would just be nice that someone understand how much easier it is like this...