wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re:Lake Wazee - JacobsonC2 - 06-20-2004

well, i just got back from camping and diving at wazee this weekend. we had gone up for dui demo days and there were several other dive shops there with classes going. the viz was very poor in the shallows by any of the fish cribs. so i only took a few pics. the viz was about 25 or so feet through sherwood forest. at 80ft thou the viz just opened up :o and it was perfect, like wazee should be all the time. here is a pic. my buddy on her first dive with a new used tls 350.

Re:Lake Wazee - Omicron - 07-14-2004

Just dove Wazee tonight w/ Wazee Sports on one of their night dives. A very good time - make it out there if you can. Unfortunately we only did the first dive...still a non-night dive. Being that we had to drive back to Point we didn't want to be diving too late.

Same conditions that Jacobson described. So-so viz down to about 25, kinda cruddy down to 70, and just crystal clear below about 80. It was great. As far as my light could reach - at least 40 or 50 feet of viz. Doug and I had a great time cruising along the cliff edge at around 100 and the coming back up along the shallows.

Looking forward to more of the same this weekend! Dive, dive, dive!

Re:Lake Wazee - WisGal - 07-20-2004

I'm heading to Wazee this Saturday for the treasure hunt. Maybe we'll see ya there!

Re:Lake Wazee - scubert - 08-30-2004

Well, after getting scrubbed out of dives on Fri, Sat, AND Sun due to weather a few buddies and I trucked it up to Wazee yesterday in an attempt to get a few dives in this week.

Vis was crap from about 25'-75', above that it was okay, and below about 80' it really opened up.

Made two stops to the gazing ball and surrounding area before heading up to off-gas in the wooded area near there.

Saw some HUGE bluegills in the cribs just off the entry, they'd have made some serious bluegill steaks.

Weather cooperated for once this week with just enough sun to warm us up during our s/i, and no real wind.

Too bad Wazee isn't closer to Milwaukee though Sad

Re:Lake Wazee - Chris H - 08-30-2004

Definitely great dives. Deep Air rocks! :Smile You goobers ;D

Re:Lake Wazee - Omicron - 08-30-2004

My drug of choice - nitrogen! ;D

Re:Lake Wazee - matt t. - 08-30-2004

Best part is you can't get a DUI for it on the way home ;D!!!

Re:Lake Wazee - scubert - 08-30-2004

Mmmmmnnnn, Nitrogen
(Homer Simpson)
;D

Re:Lake Wazee - DiveCaptDean - 08-30-2004

Yes,
But, you can occasionally find yourself drawn to making out with a Gargoyle..even if you dont realize or remember it...

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 08-30-2004

Lord help me, I dive with a batch of nitrogen junkies.

Jason,

Remember what I would not photography in Red Granite? :-X I do not want to find any of them around the gargoyle either. No sick gargoyle makeout session while I am around!

Doug