wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 05-26-2004

Lake Wazee is a seepage lake. The water seeps in from the surrounding water table. We have had a lot of rain lately and this has effected the visibility. Some of the water seeping in causes some strange sights.

Here water seeping in has caused a strange cloudy effect in the weeds. Silt coming with the water colors the weeds white. Makes for a pretty site if left undisturbed.

Here is a sucker hanging around where there is some seepage. The cloud in this picture is not from this fish moving.

Can I spear these a smoke them?

I love to dive Lake Wazee. Some people ask what do you do after 100 dives in the same lake.

Well I like to cruise the wall. And when it looks like this, it is as relazing as the Caribbean.

As a final picture here is Jason Baker cruising the depths.

Lake Wazee was once again a great place to dive. Did not go on Sunday because of the rotten weather. Sorry guys, do not know how the tent life was in the rain.

Looking forward to more diveing this weekend. Perhaps some pictures. Hopefully the rain will stop.

Doug

Re:Lake Wazee - Weston - 06-01-2004

Is there a list of all the upcoming events at Wazee anywhere?>

Re:Lake Wazee - Omicron - 06-01-2004

Not really any list - most of us usually decide Thursday or Friday that we are going to go there on Saturday Smile

I do know that June 11/12/13 a bunch of us will be camping at Wazee and being dive fiends for the weekend. For the past couple of years my regular dive group has camped at Wazee for the weekend and dove a ton. It's usually the only scheduled trip of the year!

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 06-01-2004

There is also DUI days at Lake Wazee on June 19,20. So try out a dry suit and other stuff.

The free divers plan to get together July 24,25 last I heard.

These are the only planned events that I know of.

Re:Lake Wazee - WisGal - 06-06-2004

Looks like great viz... Nice Pics!

Curious... what's the current water temp?

Thanks,

WG

Re:Lake Wazee - Bubblemaker - 06-06-2004

I had 46 at 60' and aroung 58 above 30'

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 06-06-2004

Conditions are near tropical temperatures, for Lake Wazee.

Doug 8)