wiscuba.com
Lake Wazee - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Lake Wazee (/showthread.php?tid=52)

Re:Lake Wazee - Omicron - 10-21-2003

I always like TopoZone - here's an excellent link for you. It still shows up as a mine, but very good regardless.

Re:Lake Wazee - dfreeman - 11-02-2003

Had some nice dives in Lake Wazee on Sunday. Took the tour of the usual sites and had a great time. Was in a wet suit which made it very cold, but my buddies were in dry suits and said conditions were fine. I can not wait for my dry suit to come back from repairs.

Checked out an old dive flag. It is a little deep here.

Near by is a little statue that I like to call the Japanese Lighthouse. Needed artificial light to get this picture. Dark and cold down here. Needed my buddies to help get this picture. You have to just shoot down here.

The angel still exists and its friend is still near by.

At depth there is a lot of colorful growth on the bottom. Especially in the Spring and the Fall when there are few divers. I do not know if the divers have anything to do with this.

Maybe you biology guys can clue us in.

Some of this growth can make for great pictures. It is like taking pictures of the sponges under the ledges in the Caribbean.

Here is a deep example.

At shallower depths there is a green growth. There is noticably more at this tme of the year and in the early spring. Makes for some nice color. Do not know the bioogy of this.

We found Barney hanging out. How long with this stay in the lake?

Here is the future of the fish life.

Was a good day of diving. But it is rapidly gettin gto be dry suit season. Should be back in the water in December.

Get out there and dive.

Doug

Re:Lake Wazee - Omicron - 11-03-2003

Cool stuff Doug - I'm glad that some of those pictures turned out. Nice one of us and Barney...hehe. Had to be sure we had a conscious underwater person before we rescue him Smile

Re:Lake Wazee - jasondbaker - 11-03-2003

Great pics as usual Doug. I missed you by a day. We were out at Wazee on Saturday. I think we had the whole place to ourselves. The weather was beautiful. The link below is streaming video from our dive (courtesy of JoelW). Note, I can support streaming video of any size for anyone else.

mms://media1.mn.g2host.com/mnscuba/wazee_110103.wmv