wiscuba.com
PLEASANT LAKE - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: PLEASANT LAKE (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2

PLEASANT LAKE - FreediveWI - 04-26-2003

Pleasant lake is considered oneof the cleantest lakes in the southern part of the state- according to LAKESAT.ORG so my buddy, Ted, and I decided totry it out today. We swam all the way around the lake and did a bit of spearfishing along the way. We werein the 54 degree water for a bit more than 4 hours and had a great time- plus got some nice fish.

The lake has limited public access and is only 30'. Lots of nice weeds and fish everywhere. She also dosn't allow boat speeds over 5 miles per hour and we acutally only saw one boat, a canoe, the entire time we were out.

Jon

Re:PLEASANT LAKE - FreediveWI - 04-26-2003

While we were there I decided to try out the PANORAMIC feature of my new digital camera.

Jon

I even had enough vis to take some underwater panoramas.

They aren't great, but they'll get better once I get out on Lake Michigan for some real vis. 8)

Jon

Ted even got a shot of me. THis is pretty rare for me to actually be IN a picutre instead of taking all of them. Wink

Jon

Here's another shot of Ted stalking crappie around a fish crib.

Jon

And a better shot of the crib.

Jon

Re:PLEASANT LAKE - dfreeman - 04-26-2003

Where is Pleasant Lake and how do you get there? Looks like some fun diving.

Love to play with the fish and eat them.

Doug

Re:PLEASANT LAKE - FreediveWI - 04-27-2003

It's near Lake Geneva in Walworth county. Check out LAKESAT.ORG's website. It is a satellite map of the clearest lakes across the state. I cross referenced all of the dark blue lakes with mapquest and found some really nice spots to dive this summer.

One lake that I want to get onto, and haven't dove for almost 25 years, has no public access. It comes up as a dark blue lake on LAKESAT's website which means that it is one of the clearest. The lake is in Oconomowoc and is called Florence Lake. Anyone know how I can get on her- short of renting a heliocopter? ;D

There are other lakes that I plan on hitting this summer that I can't talk about just yet. Wink

Jon

Re:PLEASANT LAKE - jasondbaker - 04-28-2003

Hey that lakesat.org website is cool. I found a bunch of lakes near me in the St. Croix county. How well do the dark blue lakes on the map translate into reality? I noticed a larger lake called Bass Lake about ten miles from Perch lake, one of my frequent dive spots.

Re:PLEASANT LAKE - FreediveWI - 04-28-2003

They match up very closely from all of the lakes that I have dove in.

If you can find a purple lake, and there are less than 5 in the whole state, you've hit the jack pot. My dive buddy did a reasearch project on one of them in college, he's a fish biologist, and said the vis was as good as the ocean.

Jon